2018 Monster Energy Atlanta SX Bench Racing - Rd 9

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice cars.  I wanted to trade a buddy back in my '73 Mazda MX3 with a rotary for his '70 Challenger 383.  My mom wouldn't let me.  :banghead:  I still think about missing out on that one.

Fastest car I ever had wasn't really a muscle car in the true sense, but a '92 Mustang GT convertible with a blown Keith Craft 305, 6 speed, Griggs suspension, custom blower cam and big Bear brakes all the way around.  Sweet car, it would run mid 11's on ET Streets and made 500 rwhp through the cats.  I could turn the fuel pressure down a bit and it would pass CA smog.

Not the same as an old muscle car, but fast as hell and could hit freeway on ramps so fast that it would make people in the passenger seat shit their pants.  ?  This was in the early 2000's, before the horsepower started to get up there.  Back then, there was very little that was street legal that could beat me at the strip or on the very occasional impromptu street race.  :devil:

Edited by jcm3
  • Like 1

On 3/4/2018 at 0:28 PM, ASP1227 said:

Touché. The green one is my ‘69. I love that car, the 440 is the most fun you can have in a car with your clothes on lol. I’ve raced new Camaros and mustangs with it lol. Gets like 4 mpg emoji23.png

Ohhhhh I’m down to race! Mine is just a little small block though ?

9CE8C4E2-CBB7-448D-83BE-EB4ABF1D2B1D.jpeg

Edited by 69fastback
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Bill DeWahl said:

Was that move by Austin Forkhead that took Osborne down, over the line? Sure looked like it to me.

It's hard to say from the angles.  It looked like Forkner drifted to the left, but Osborne also drifted to the right.  With all of the injuries and crashes this year, I think it's clear that supercross is a dangerous sport and these guys don't always go exactly where they want to go, especially through the rough stuff.  

That being said, Osborne is known for aggressive moves, and he often takes lines that are much more aggressive than a typical block pass.  The move on Savatgy last year was pretty brutal, but he wanted to win. Same for Forkner, although some may see it differently.  If there's anyone who can't complain, it's Osborne. (and he didn't)

And, I like Osborne.  He's tough, motivated, and wants to win.  But, this is racing, and shit happens.

• Like 7

It's hard to say from the angles.  It looked like Forkner drifted to the left, but Osborne also drifted to the right.  With all of the injuries and crashes this year, I think it's clear that supercross is a dangerous sport and these guys don't always go exactly where they want to go, especially through the rough stuff.  
That being said, Osborne is known for aggressive moves, and he often takes lines that are much more aggressive than a typical block pass.  The move on Savatgy last year was pretty brutal, but he wanted to win. Same for Forkner, although some may see it differently.  If there's anyone who can't complain, it's Osborne. (and he didn't)
And, I like Osborne.  He's tough, motivated, and wants to win.  But, this is racing, and shit happens.

I thought the same the thing when I saw how upset he got. I told my girl friend how he took out Savatgy last year and now he is pissy. Wtf, but I like the guys riding and I’m sure it’s hard to say or do the exact right thing when your adrenaline is pumping.
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, ASP1227 said:

I bet, that’s pretty fast for a car on pump gas man. What kinda horsepower you pushing with that thing?

It’s never been on a dyno, but the nitrous helps lol. It’s been 10.92@122 on motor, and 9.62@140 on the bottle. It’s making ~580 on motor and ~750 on the bottle. It’s driven 3-4 times per week. I put it on the north Dallas tollway and drive it 40 miles to work. Fun car. 

• Like 3

It’s never been on a dyno, but the nitrous helps lol. It’s been 10.92@122 on motor, and 9.62@140 on the bottle. It’s making ~580 on motor and ~750 on the bottle. It’s driven 3-4 times per week. I put it on the north Dallas tollway and drive it 40 miles to work. Fun car. 

Whoa lol. I think you’ve got my car beat, mine is about 500 horses on motor. I don’t think it can run nitrous lol. It’s got a Proform 850 carb, no choke so cold starts are fun .[emoji23]
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, ASP1227 said:

Whoa lol. I think you’ve got my car beat, mine is about 500 horses on motor. I don’t think it can run nitrous lol. It’s got a Proform 850 carb, no choke so cold starts are fun .emoji23.png

I’ve got a Pro Systems carb. It’s built off a Holley 950HP, so no choke for me either. It actually starts up pretty well, but it needs to build some heat before I can take off driving. I have a Dart based 427 ci Windsor motor on the stand right now. Going to do a 88mm turbo on e85, so we should make pretty good power, pretty easily. Should be 1100-1200, but it’s been a slow process. It’s a way more expensive build than the stock block 408 that’s in it. 

• Like 3

So far we are two for two on the triple crown tracks being completely lame.  I mean we had the Tampa track which was awesome and then they follow it up with this crap??  Is this being done on purpose because of the triple arenacross crown format?  

20 hours ago, 69fastback said:

sounds nice... you must have a 200hp shot on the motor, what kind of mod did you have to do to keep from blowing head gaskets?

• Like 1