Buttegal

Dirt Biking Chat Room for Gals Only

43 posts in this topic

I know it's not fair to say Gals Only, but let's try to keep it mostly a place for women to chat and connect since most of TT just happens to be filled with manly chatter and BS. Let's BS ourselves and get to know other women that ride. Where do you ride? What do you ride? Share a video of you riding, a picture of your bike, or your favorite places to ride. Ask questions about wrenching on your bike. Anything goes here, but let's keep it mostly about dirt bikes and riding. No politics, religion, or guy bashing. I notice a lot of views for other posts in the Tumperette forum, but not many responses from women. Just post to say hi, if nothing else, and let us know you're out there.

4 people like this

You didn't post a pic of yours!
Here's mine
Shoot can't from TapTalk! Give me a minute.

Trying again

The Might TW200 & DRZ400s!

IMG_20180226_163955680.jpg.c6ffb60fdc923d4796344fe3e0150466.jpgIMG_20180227_161249064_HDR.jpg.62083af0ee20c5cc42326e2423ac4121.jpg

4 people like this

Here's a couple of pics. I'm from Montana. I just started riding dirt bikes three years ago. Totally addicted. My favorite places to ride are Moab, Big Sky area in MT, around Salt Lake, and around Delores, CO. Ok, truth be told, I like just about everywhere I've ridden. I like technical mountain singletrack trails. I ride a YZ250F.

20170717_145007.jpg20171019_151258.jpg

7 people like this

The Thumpette forum used to be very active.  It seem many have moved to FB groups.  It appears the two who have "liked" your post are men.  But what the hell, who doesn't like videos and photos of themselves?  I just got a GoPro for my birthday.

5 people like this

Here's a couple of pics. I'm from Montana. I just started riding dirt bikes three years ago. Totally addicted. My favorite places to ride are Moab, Big Sky area in MT, around Salt Lake, and around Delores, CO. Ok, truth be told, I like just about everywhere I've ridden. I like technical mountain singletrack trails. I ride a YZ250F.

20170717_145007.jpg.e3bafd1bcdcf44aaa80ead4afdab2dab.jpg20171019_151258.jpg.7726c9abb5839a4760f4a2cf57d6cadf.jpg
You got skills , you can ride upside-down
2 people like this

That trail looks awesome. That switchback looked pretty tight. I rode a trail in Colorado that had switchbacks like that every 20 yards. It was a b**ch! Where were you?

Love the way you just threw that bike out from under ya, lol, in that second video.

There is a FB group of women in my area. It's awesome for keeping up with people and rides, but I only get on FB once in a great while any more. I hate all the political BS on FBThanks for posting the videos!

1 person likes this

You got skills , you can ride upside-down

I am obviously not the most technologically saavy person. 🤣

9 minutes ago, Buttegal said:

Where were you?

Love the way you just threw that bike out from under ya, lol, in that second video.

There is a FB group of women in my area. It's awesome for keeping up with people and rides, but I only get on FB once in a great while any more. I hate all the political BS on FBThanks for posting the videos!

Diamond Mill Tillamook State forest.

I didn't throw it, it flipped.   It was straight up hill.  The video flattens it out.  

What a season!  It was so good for so long

3 people like this

Diamond Mill Tillamook State forest.
I didn't throw it, it flipped.   It was straight up hill.  The video flattens it out.  

What a season!  It was so good for so long

Ya, you could tell the hill was steep and it flipped. I was just trying to be funny and I fell flat.
That's awesome you had a long season! Mine got cut short this year cause of an injury, but I'm heading to Moab in three weeks. Can't wait!
1 person likes this

@Felicia Reale Hey girl, how ya doin? Thanks for checking out this thread. Where are you from and what do you ride?

Hey all, I'm from upstate NY (catskill mountains), I ride a crf250x, ride mostly tight  rocky singletrack and old logging trails. Been racing mountain bikes for about 12 years, then started riding my son's crf 150 a few years ago, haha even though I sucked I was hooked and stayed with it and now I m a lot better! My ambition is to do a hare scramble this summer.(  And stand more and get those elbows out!)

Screenshot_2017-10-18-07-42-47.png

3 people like this

Hey all, I'm from upstate NY (catskill mountains), I ride a crf250x, ride mostly tight  rocky singletrack and old logging trails. Been racing mountain bikes for about 12 years, then started riding my son's crf 150 a few years ago, haha even though I sucked I was hooked and stayed with it and now I m a lot better! My ambition is to do a hare scramble this summer.(  And stand more and get those elbows out!)
Screenshot_2017-10-18-07-42-47.png.0dd468782c39089c9818b1207daef05c.png

Hey, that's awesome. I'm hoping to do my first hare scramble in April. We'll have to compare notes on what it was like racing for the first time. I'm sure I'll be scared to death waiting on the line for the start. We have to run up and start the bike to begin. I'm a little worried about that as I only have a kick starter. It usually starts on first kick or two, but I'm still going to worry about it. I'd hate to be at the start kicking my bike ten times while everyone else has taken off, lol.

I just got my first bike, so exciting!!
20180227_192656.thumb.jpg.11912c710e173e0675706081ecdd748b.jpg

Looks like a nice one! What is it? I know nothing about Kawasaki bikes. How did you get into dirt biking and what kind of riding do you want to do?

4 hours ago, Buttegal said:

Looks like a nice one! What is it? I know nothing about Kawasaki bikes. How did you get into dirt biking and what kind of riding do you want to do?

It is a 2012 KLX 140L. My husband and my 7 yr old son both ride, so I finally got my own. Fun times with the family! We will ride mostly trails, but maybe some track.

2 people like this

It is a 2012 KLX 140L. My husband and my 7 yr old son both ride, so I finally got my own. Fun times with the family! We will ride mostly trails, but maybe some track.

Dirt biking is such a wonderful family activity. Good clean fun. I've never had any interest in in riding MX, but, just this year, I've gotten into watching the Supercross races. I even joined a fantasy league to pick the winners. It's been a of fun. Anybody else watch SX?

Hi Ladies! 

I used to be a full addict until I started a new career. I'm clinging to my bikes, but I miss the great mountain and forest single tracks. I'm in Southern Utah which is mostly wide open desert mining trails. I need to take time to travel, and get some rides in. I promise to do better this year. I've been playing in the neighborhood this winter to scratch the itch. I commute to work in Susanville CA, so anyone up this way please hit me up. My route is highway 50 through NV, I hit Panaca, Ely, Eureka, Fallon, Reno. Northern CA stuff is within my range, plus Utah stuff. I'm in cali right now without my GoPro vids, I might remember to post some when I get back.

My main steed is a RM250. Love that girl. Corners like a dream. Last mx I did to it was crank bearing replacement. Fun stuff. 
Have a rebuild toy of a YZ250, on the chopping block, rebuilt and mostly ready to sell.
Harley Road King is my street fix.
Started on a DRZ400
First bike was a KDX 200 and a Harley Sportster 1200. 

I want a Beta 300 pretty bad, and a DR350 dual sport. I really want a Triumph Tiger too, one day. The Road King will never be replaced though. As you can see I have a problem.

IMG_3509.JPG

IMG_2378.JPG

2 people like this