2018 YZ250X Jetting help

I recently purchased a 2018 YZ250X. I generally ride between 6500-10000 ft in elevation. I am wondering if anyone has any jetting suggestions. Currently have a 50 in the pilot and a 170 main as that what the shop changed out to. 50 sounds like it may  be a little on the rich side. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Another option would be to purchase a Lectron carb.  You will have the initial expense but then once it's dialed in, you won't ever have to mess with it.  It will run the same in those elevations, and you will get better gas mileage.  I also have a 2018 250X and have a Lectron carb, and I love it.  It's easy to adjust, but you do have to remove the slide to turn the metering rod.  No bottom end bog, and it runs nice and crisp.  For me, it was worth the expense of never having to mess with any jetting due to temps, altitude, etc.  I race cross county.

I would think the 50 pilot would be way too rich at that elevation. I ran a 48 at sea level the other day 55f degrees. Ran crisp but the 50 probably woulda been better.

This is what I run...

NECJ Suzuki 

I use the Suzuki needle at clip #2 from the top, 165 mj, #40 pilot, a #40 power jet.  At 45:1 mix. Altitude 5000ft plus. 

Utah

Edited by Charles De Mar

And I run this in my 250X for 6000-9000 elevation and 50-65 degrees currently:

170 Main

45 pilot

Needle 2nd clip from top (Stock needle)

AS 1.75-2.0 turns

#40 Powerjet (Stock is #50)

36:1 ratio on supreme unleaded gas

Bike runs great; no fouling and crisp response

Also did the powervalve mod.

Edited by ccothran