nevada Northern Nevada early spring riding areas

Howdy folks-

Anybody have any recommendations for riding in early spring in northern Nevada?  I am particularly interested in the northeast corner of the state. 

Any info is appreciated, thanks!

• Like 1

Wow! Nothing!

Hey, I haven't ridden the area yet, but I keep passing signs for a Silver Springs area south of Ely. That's all I know. I'm going to bring my bike my next work trip, so I'll probably explore that and Doyle CA near my work. Northeast NV is open salt desert so I somewhat doubt there's anything there but some tribal knowledge trails. SLC has some trails if that's something you want to swing. Also Delta UT has a dunes area that's pretty popular. 

Thanks for the info Sporty!  I've got cabin fever this spring with all the snow and am over skiing.  Been cycling a lot for the moto but am itching to twist..

My family is in the Rocklin/Auburn area but never bring my moto cuz I've not thought that driving it down there would be worth it.  Is there good riding in the Doyle zone?  Lassen, Plumas NF's?

Come ride where I do,  there is so much exploring. I ride quite a few areas out of the reno area

There is no end of riding/exploring to do out here, most any terrain/skill level you could want. 

Pick a spot you'd like to ride, check land status: http://mylandmatters.org/Maps/LandStatusNV/GetMap

I'm not terribly familiar with the NE of NV, however a quick look at that map I'd try north of I80 on 225.  Looks like 1000's of acres of BLM hills/mountains.  Probably some good riding there. 

Looks for signs of gas line roads (yellow plastic 'posts'), sometimes those roads intersect with old tracks.  I've had some luck on power line roads, but usually prefer gas line as they seem to get a lot less traffic.  Often GPS's will have roads marked that haven't been used in decades, I'm often following a GPS road that's barely visible while you're riding it.  Often those lead to interesting places (IMO, sorta depends on what you find interesting).

Good luck... if you get down to a more 'urban' area there's likely more folks who could provide specifics.