Help! Too many helmets, not enough space

My son as I both ride and we each have multiple helmets (probably 9 in total). I am looking for ideas on how you guys organize / store them. Right now we have them stashed around the garage with some hanging from the handlebars, others on shelves, and some in storage containers. Would love to find something that would allow us to keep them stored nice and neat without taking up too much space the in garage.

Let’s see some pics of how you guys organize them.

Dirt track helmets, street helmets, scooter helmets, play helmets for when my son and his buddies take off on a few bikes, plus I can’t pass up a good deal when I see one.

• Like 2

You’ve got 9+ helmets and I’ve had to start an 8+ page thread trying just to buy one lol. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CRF James said:

Dirt track helmets, street helmets, scooter helmets, play helmets for when my son and his buddies take off on a few bikes, plus I can’t pass up a good deal when I see one.

You realize helmets should be replaced every 5 years or so, right?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Flagstaff said:

You realize helmets should be replaced every 5 years or so, right?

The foam padding starts deteriorating. My old Fly was suddenly starting to feel really loose at 5 years. My head wasn't shrinking, so upon looking inside the helmet I noticed the cloth on the padding was loose. The foam was degrading, sure sign it was time to replace it...with a new Bell.

• Like 4

I like that pvc rack. I should be able to build something like that to accommodate all of them.

Thanks

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I started collecting older and/or different helmets recently, and looked at many ways to display them. In the end, I bought these Roma Helmet Holders ($3.99 each) from a pet/horse store, cheapest I could find them. Holding up well, even for some of the heavier helmets... https://www.jefferspet.com/products/black-roma-helmet-holder?sku=0VHP

0VHP.jpg

IMG_1316.jpg

Edited by 3girlsdad
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

I personally have 6 helmets currently.  The number goes up and down occasionally.  I ride/do a multitude of things with and without wheels...

I 3D printed a bunch of these.  I store the helmets in different rooms, but you could make a wall full of these if wanted.  Just 2 sheetrock screws to mount them.  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:442460

IMG_2581.jpg

IMG_2582.jpg

IMG_2583.jpg

Edited by SuperSport1966
  • Like 5

On 3/7/2018 at 3:50 PM, CRF James said:

My son as I both ride and we each have multiple helmets (probably 9 in total). I am looking for ideas on how you guys organize / store them. Right now we have them stashed around the garage with some hanging from the handlebars, others on shelves, and some in storage containers. Would love to find something that would allow us to keep them stored nice and neat without taking up too much space the in garage.

Let’s see some pics of how you guys organize them.

This is for everyone who has some older helmets hanging around...   If you want to display them, then that's fine.  However, many rescue services, hospital emergency rooms, and even police & fire stations can use them for training in how to remove a helmet from injured riders.  It's something to think about.  Remember the old saying about 'what goes around, comes around'....

• Like 2

The boys room. Hung from nails on the chin strap. 

20170215_174234.jpg

Posted (edited)

WTF does anyone need with 9 helmets ? I been riding since I was 9 and I'm almost 60 and I've had 2 helmets

Edited by Big Ed1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Big Ed1 said:

WTF does anyone need with  helmets ? I been riding since I was 9 and I'm almost 60 and I've had 2 helmets

I don't understand the plethora of helmets thing, but that is stretching it WAY too far.  Please reference the posts above about helmet lifespan. ;)

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Big Ed1 said:

WTF does anyone need with  helmets ? I been riding since I was 9 and I'm almost 60 and I've had 2 helmets

Same, especially when they cost so much!

• Like 1