Warning about clarke tanks and justgastanks

That is very weak of Just Gas tanks and Clarke to even ship that tank to anyone without being forthcoming AND offering an equitable discount. I'd be pissed too. 

We appreciate your posting this.

Good luck rectifying your issue.

• Like 4

I'm very surprised to hear bad rap Clark tanks as we have them on 20 dirt bikes. We have had 3 IMS tanks break where gas cap treads meet tank body. IMS took care of us on bad tanks. Only one Clark tank problem the bolt to hold petcock the square nut in the tank turned. Clark sent out a new tank in 3 days told us just keep the one you have. Don't like the service of just gas  tanks stop your credit card payment.

• Like 5

If you do get your money back, and decide to not buy another tank, consider this option.

Put a rear rack on which is always a handy thing to have anyway. Then get a 2 gallon rotopak fuel container.

If not going far you can leave them at home. Going to be exploring far from a gas station then fill it up.

When you hit reserve dump it in.

Also great because you can strap stuff on top of the rotopak. Or if riding with another bike and want to share some gas its easy and convenient. 

For me i like the small 1 gallon ones. They are stackable, so i can decide to take 1, 2, or all 3.

Plus i  prefer the not big bulky tank between my legs, and all that weight right up front when its full. 

But as mentioned try the pay pal dispute to get your money back.

That is not a minor blemish, it is a giant flaw, and potentially a weak spot.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2018 at 6:22 AM, twist it said:

I ordered a clarke 4.7 gallon tank from justgastanks.com.

The tank arrived with a large ugly flaw in the right front top corner where it will ruin the looks of the bike.

Screenshot_2018-03-08-08-15-01.pngScreenshot_2018-03-05-09-06-53.png

Clarke's response is that there is a problem with the mold they use and all their tanks come or this way.

No refund (even though satisfaction is guaranteed) they don't care about my satisfaction.

I am now stuck with a $230 tank I won't put on my bike.

Don't use clarke or jgt.

That photo looks like shit.  I have bought a Clarke tank in the past and the quality was great.

You should contact Clarke directly, that might not even be something they would ship.

• Like 2

That photo looks like shit.  I have bought a Clarke tank in the past and the quality was great.
You should contact Clarke directly, that might not even be something they would ship.

I have contacted clarke customer service. They seemed upset about what jgt said they said. They asked for pictures. They seem more helpful than jgt, time will tell.
If clarke fixes this problem I will let everyone know. Same if they don't.
  • Like 6

I can't imagine that Clarke knew about that tank. Sounds like somebody at Clarke is making tanks at night and selling them out the back door or they're not actual Clarke tanks at all - just bogus knock-offs bought by weasels willing to pawn them off on unsuspecting customers.

Just Gas Tanks knows what a real Clarke tank look like. They never should have accepted those tanks from whatever sleaze ball they got them from. When they realized their mistake , they should have offered to take the tanks back.

I returned my first DRZ tank to Clarke after a month because there was a tiny leak near one of nuts that are set into the tank plastic. I called Clarke and they were really helpful (and nice) and sent me another tank. I sent them their tank back because they wanted to see what was wrong. I did not have to pay to return the leaking tank. I also returned the gas cap from that tank about a year later because it started to separate. Again - Clarke was great and sent me a new cap within the week.

Neither tank that I got from Clarke looked anything like the tank of the OP. 

Edited by fkfw
misspelling
  • Like 2

Wow I've bought several tanks from Clark.  only have good things to say.  They have always has great customer service and great products.   I'm thinking that jgt is screwing you I would return it as long as you haven't put gas in it they should accept it back   right?  I've only ordered them from Clark directly. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/9/2018 at 4:00 PM, twist it said:

I have contacted clarke customer service. They seemed upset about what jgt said they said. They asked for pictures. They seem more helpful than jgt, time will tell.
If clarke fixes this problem I will let everyone know. Same if they don't.

Any updates?

• Like 1

Update ; the clarke company wouldn't help me because I purchased through justgastanks but they admitted that it is a tooling issue and is thesame with all4.7 and 4.0 tanks for my bike, they also pre authorized the return from jgt. That, coupled with my threat to involve pay pal and stop payment made jgt agree to accept return but not pay for shipping. Possible restocking fees too.after they receive the tank I'll know how much I get credited back.
PayPal may pay for return shipping.
I'll update when i get a credit to my account.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, twist it said:

Update ; the clarke company wouldn't help me because I purchased through justgastanks but they admitted that it is a tooling issue and is thesame with all4.7 and 4.0 tanks for my bike, they also pre authorized the return from jgt. That, coupled with my threat to involve pay pal and stop payment made jgt agree to accept return but not pay for shipping. Possible restocking fees too.after they receive the tank I'll know how much I get credited back.
PayPal may pay for return shipping.
I'll update when i get a credit to my account.

Well I'll be sure not buy a Clarke tank then. What does it matter where you bought it if they made a bad product. Look at acerbis if they make one for your bike. I have one on my yz and it fits and looks great beside the nut buster up top.

On 3/8/2018 at 11:47 AM, twist it said:

I wasn't expecting to have a polished show tank but I was expecting a smooth exterior without large sunk in melted places of a different texture.
I'm not normally worried about scuffs and scrapes but this is the first new vehicle I've ever had and I'm not making it look trashy on purpose.
I thought about Bondo and paint but I would be constantly redoing it as Bondo and paint have a hard time staying on a flexible surface.
For now I'll just stop for gas on every ride.

Did you call Clarke and get the facts before making a mess here ?

If you did not please do.

If they dont agree and are not able to replace it without the cosmetic flaw then tell JGT you need a return authorization for 100% return/refund.

If JGT does not comply contact your credit card company and have the charges reversed.

You are not a victim.  Solve it then come tell the complete story. ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

Did you call Clarke and get the facts before making a mess here ?

If you did not please do.

If they dont agree and are not able to replace it without the cosmetic flaw then tell JGT you need a return authorization for 100% return/refund.

If JGT does not comply contact your credit card company and have the charges reversed.

You are not a victim.  Solve it then come tell the complete story. ?

Did you only read the first post??

• Like 4

4 hours ago, cmjb said:

Did you only read the first post??

Nope...  I read the first page I believe...  and my point is still quite valid.  I don't trash folks until I've handled it.  When you I get it done then tell the final story.  

Crowd think does nothing for me.  I handle my shit.  Then if the final result was not satisfactory I will tell my story if I feel a company deserves trashing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1