Show your Handlebars with Brush Guards

Hey all show your handlebar set up along with your brush guards or bark busters. Please add brand of bars and guards. Thinking about getting Pro Taper Contour cr high in black or silver or platinum along with Acerbis X factors. In white and red or red with white. See confusing huh? Well for me anyway. Lol thanks all 6A544058-DCF6-42F4-A110-93666DBE1DDD.thumb.png.64ec7431139a8f17b27d1750a8b2b2bf.png

Probably not from the angle you wanted lol.on kawi  Renthal fat bars with acerbis handguards.

on the suzuki pro taper contour factory suzuki/ktm stock bend with cycra guards. I will add that the cycras interfere with brake line routing on suzuki front brake line due to hose location. Looking at swapping master cylinder to Honda anyway.

DF8A9B08-B6C8-417B-AB4D-33AD977D6C37.jpeg

5666F0E8-90FC-4A32-8D3A-0F2BB38B10D5.jpeg

• Like 2

Just a note for you, the picture you have are the Acerbis "X-factory" guards which are significantly different from the Acerbis "X-factor" handguards.

My XR has Cycra Pro-Bends on Renthal Twinwalls (cross bar removed) with a Scotts mounted above the bar mounts on a BRP top clamp.  The KTM has Acerbis X-Factor guards on Renthal Twinwalls with a BRP 4 post rubber sub mount.  I use Moose mounts to bolt both of them to the handlebars.  The X-Factors/Twinwalls have since been removed from the KTM and are now on my Husky.

I will say in my perfect world I would have the Acerbis X-factor aluminum section mated to the Cycra hand shields.  The Acerbis stuff likes to crack at the slightest thought of a crash where the two separate plastic colors are joined.  I can bend the Cycra aluminum section pretty easily with how I like to take soil samples.

0302181913edit.jpg

Edited by eastreich
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, RawbW said:

@eastreich

the cycras have been great, those other acerbis ones sure do look cooler than my acerbis tho. Il try to dig for my pic of enduro engineering ones I had too.

I have new Acerbis shields (blue/white) coming for the X-factors.  Orange isn't a good look on the Husky, even if it is an orange bike under the skin.  I am going to trim the new Acerbis shields to match the outer shape of the Cycras.

I do prefer the fit and feel of the Cycras, but I'm not exaggerating when I say that the formed/ridged bar on the Acerbis X-factor is twice the size and probably more than 3x as strong.  Absolutely indestructible.  I would NOT recommend using the X-factor guards if someone liked flex in their bars as they will make things way more rigid.  As I already use Twinwalls (and have rubber mounts for the bars) it was no big deal.  But to use these on a Pro-Taper style bar would be defeating the purpose of the taperwall design unless someone was only using a cross-bar less handlebar for mounting a stabilizer or computer above the bars.

6 hours ago, eastreich said:

Just a note for you, the picture you have are the Acerbis "X-factory" guards which are significantly different from the Acerbis "X-factor" handguards.

Yea I messed that up. I’m looking to get the x-factory. I like the rubberized coating on the metal. Thanks for pointing that out to me. 

I have the Contour bars wtih HDB Ultimate Handguards with their big bolt ends.  I also added their hideaway mirrors.  I used Acerbis mounts on the triple tree end to split some of the crash force off the bars and to clean up the cluttered look that I believe the bar mounts create.  

The strength, quality, and design of the HDBs is, in my opinion, much better than any others I've had. 

20160201_170416.jpg

20160201_173418.jpg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Richard Stevens said:

Hollerhead could I order those mirrors and just screw them in the Acerbis x factory hand guards I ordered? I do like your set up. Thank you. 

Probably but they may not work very well.  I'd probably go with another mirror.

They attach with a single bolt so that part would be easy, however, the HDB assembly has a milled in socket to receive the mirror's ball so that it can rotate and adjust with no tools and remain completely stable while riding.  They are also molded to match the curvature of the assembly with a spine on the back to lock them in place when collapsed.  They are a great addition to these guards but with any other guard I think they'd be out of place.

HDB mirror (1).jpg

HDB mirror (2).jpg

HDB mirror (3).jpg

HDB mirror (4).jpg

Edited by Hollerhead
  • Like 4

Probably but they may not work very well.  I'd probably go with another mirror.
They attach with a single bolt so that part would be easy, however, the HDB assembly has a milled in socket to receive the mirror's ball so that it can rotate and adjust with no tools and remain completely stable while riding.  They are also molded to match the curvature of the assembly with a spine on the back to lock them in place when collapsed.  They are a great addition to these guards but with any other guard I think they'd be out of place.
5aa47c2466254_HDBmirror(1).jpg.be156fd64eb39be0183cd9d53b2af961.jpg
5aa47c28be114_HDBmirror(2).jpg.5581d3eefa07c0588fb5a9e5c717fd6c.jpg
5aa47c2caa649_HDBmirror(3).thumb.jpg.ea2f72c6926e5ae6217b18926bd189e9.jpg
5aa47c30cfeb9_HDBmirror(4).jpg.3eb545e752bb5f8fffb8d188421fd5b9.jpg

Someday I'm gonna pony up for a set of those. I always liked them but your pics and description actually show the detail much better than the hdb website. Thanks for posting the pics.
  • Like 3

Someday I'm gonna pony up for a set of those. I always liked them but your pics and description actually show the detail much better than the hdb website. Thanks for posting the pics.
They we're my first choice, price is steep. And they no longer have the integrated turns. So I passed and got my second choice Enduro Engineering and Double Take mirrors. Which I planned on adding turns. So I spent about the same amount. And I'm not happy. Should have gotten HDB !
My DRZ, turns are in headlight shroud, so I can still use hand warmers.
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Padilen said:

They we're my first choice, price is steep. And they no longer have the integrated turns....

They are a little pricey. 

Another forum member, either here or on another one, was recently able to get the integrated turn signals from them.  I can't recall but he may have had to install them himself.

• Like 1