I pulled the trigger on a used 2016 500 RS

I’m excited to return to off-roading. In addition I’m looking forward to my first European ride. Can’t wait to see how she performs!

BEED544E-512B-49B9-A1ED-8BBF9EDE1516.jpeg

Nice! Comes with big tank too !!

Congratulations!

Beautiful Beta with nice and easy kickstart! :rolleyes: 

11 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

11 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Yes Sir, big tank, radiator guards and some led rear blinkers. Supposedly factory tuned suspension for a heavier rider.

:thumbsup: Congrats, nice ride, hope she works as good as she looks, :ride:

Very nice!

How many hours? Doesn't even look like they rode it!

Sweet ride and great find! the 500 almost doesn't exist on the used market, at least in my area. 

Lighter, shorter and $1000 less than the 500/501 KTM/husky.  I was looking at one on the weekend at my local dealer (Motoxotica in Vacaville), the 1.5" less of seat height really makes a difference, i'm only 5'10".  

enjoy your ride!

Edited by ktm300xcrider
55 minutes ago, basalt said:

How many hours? Doesn't even look like they rode it!

Hi Basalt,

Its a 2016 with 65 hours. It really looks brand new, which is why I bought it.

I’m hoping to go out this weekend if anyone wants to meet up? I’m in Santa Clarita but I can go north or south. Should be outstanding conditions!

32 minutes ago, ktm300xcrider said:

Sweet ride and great find! the 500 almost doesn't exist on the used market, at least in my area. 

Lighter, shorter and $1000 less than the 500/501 KTM/husky.  I was looking at one on the weekend at my local dealer (Motoxotica in Vacaville), the 1.5" less of seat height really makes a difference, i'm only 5'10".  

enjoy your ride!

Hi and thanks for the info. I’m hoping I made a good choice.

1 hour ago, Diesel McNasty said:

Hi Basalt,

Its a 2016 with 65 hours. It really looks brand new, which is why I bought it.

I’m hoping to go out this weekend if anyone wants to meet up? I’m in Santa Clarita but I can go north or south. Should be outstanding conditions!

In Santa Clarita myself, off sand canyon about 6miles from the Rowher flats entrance, we'll have to hook up for a ride!

Nice.  The 500 RS is awesome.  I love my 2017 500 RR-S=same thing you got.  

Yup and remove the dodgy electric start.... Real men kick the beast to life! :lol:

I’m planning to ride Rowher Flats to San Francisquito, maybe Green Valley on Saturday . If anyone is interested.

Im not sure where to post this kind of thing, new to the forum.

best

Green Valley near Fairfield?

50 minutes ago, Diesel McNasty said:

I’m planning to ride Rowher Flats to San Francisquito, maybe Green Valley on Saturday . If anyone is interested.

Im not sure where to post this kind of thing, new to the forum.

best

Rowher to Rock inn for lunch is a basic cruz, can take all fire roads w/some BT or off the beaten path ;)  for the most part!

7 hours ago, ktm300xcrider said:

Green Valley near Fairfield?

North of Santa Clarita and South West of Lake Elizabeth I believe. 

6 hours ago, dzrtracin said:

Rowher to Rock inn for lunch is a basic cruz, can take all fire roads w/some BT or off the beaten path ;)  for the most part!

Agreed. I need to tune up my skills as I haven’t logged any miles on two wheels since 2007. In addition I want to give the bike a shake down run and check for gremlins!