2019 Brazilian CRF230 New From the Ground Up

1 minute ago, bajatrailrider said:

Ohh but the snake can't.

That's not an issue, 99% of the time I only put one foot down.  On a good day I can stop for well over a minute and keep both feet on the pegs.  I'd probably lower the pegs on that 500 just so it would fit me better too...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MentalGuru said:

That's not an issue, 99% of the time I only put one foot down.  On a good day I can stop for well over a minute and keep both feet on the pegs.  I'd probably lower the pegs on that 500 just so it would fit me better too...

Haaaa.  Takes me over a min just to get my feet back on the pegs.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, stevethe said:

2A961C52-3DBA-4675-BEFD-6D5C8039FBA1.png

I've ridden the 250cc version of that engine and IMO it has the best power delivery and throttle response for technical off road.  It is very much like the CRF250 engine but with a bigger alternator for the no battery EFI, cam in the center of the head with the spark plug on the right instead of in the center, and a CR250R/500R size clutch.

• Like 1

On 14/03/2018 at 11:31 AM, MentalGuru said:

The CRF230F is made in Japan for the global market.

Umm... The CRF230F is made in Brazil for the Global Market. Perhaps you were thinking of the CRF230L which I think is made in Japan? Or maybe Europe? Or both?

• Like 2

If Honda wanted to upgrade the CRF230 cheap,  >> Rear disc brake, a piston with compression, a cam with lobes, and a CDI with spark.  Keep the weight at 107 kg.

I do not see any market for a 150kg / 250cc moto in a crowded market already.  Plenty of those around today.  Keep it light and keep it simple, a formula that works.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-03-13 at 7:48 PM, mlatour said:

The CRF250X IMO is discontinued in 2018, no announcements but some clues :

-2018 X not shown on the Honda Canada website

-2017 only models shown on the Honda USA website 

-2018 250X does not appear on many part vendors fiches

There is no sign for a replacement performance oriented dirt bike to take it's place (say like an  equivalent WR250F equivalent on the YZ)

If Honda plans on a future CRF250RX (based on the MX'er like the 450RX),

this new bike could actually be a CRF250X replacement to fit the gap between a recreational trail bike and an off-road race bike like a future RX.

Again, since most enthusiasts here are convinced they need the latest and greatest race bike technology,

such a new 'simple' dirt bike may destined for markets other than north america where the current 230F

could remain as a price point / entry level machine.

250X is gone.

I get a Honda demo fleet every season, normally 10 to 13 bikes ranging from 50’s to a 250X. No 250X this season, they are sending a 450RX instead. 

6 minutes ago, ckny said:

250X is gone.

I get a Honda demo fleet every season, normally 10 to 13 bikes ranging from 50’s to a 250X. No 250X this season, they are sending a 450RX instead. 

kind of a shame. they are a really good bike. too bad they didn't update them like yamaha did with the wr250f. efi, 6 speed, less weight, more power etc 

Just now, Carman said:

kind of a shame. they are a really good bike. too bad they didn't update them like yamaha did with the wr250f. efi, 6 speed, less weight, more power etc 

Lots of talk of a 250RX for 2019.

Just now, ckny said:

Lots of talk of a 250RX for 2019.

i don't think an rx is really what they need to bring out now. something like a wr250f but street legal or maybe 350cc. something to stand out from the rest and compete with ktm and beta. i was very dissapointed with the 450rx. just way to much bike and too racey off road. its so nuts its not even fun to just ride and still no 6 speed or even wide ratio