Who else is going to odessa?

10 hours ago, dblracer said:

Yep. Anyone know if a KTM 200 xcw will make a lap on one full stock tank of gas, or do I need to carry extra?

Id at least bring a gatorade bottle of gas... Youll probably be fine but sitting around for a couple hours in the cold for a sweep rider really sucks trust me.

I ran out on my 450 at mile 38 with the 1.9G stock tank. I have a 3.2 for this year ? 

Edited by jblob

13 hours ago, 99XR250R said:

7,500 of your best friends will be there

No kidding that event is a freaking blast. Im probably bringing a couple friends who have never attended a similar event

10 hours ago, dblracer said:

Yep. Anyone know if a KTM 200 xcw will make a lap on one full stock tank of gas, or do I need to carry extra?

Depends on your throttle, shifting, gearing, etc...  On the pipe the whole time...probably not. Short shifting, lugging in tall gears...maybe. 

Have you figured out your range yet on a tank?

Haven't found it's range yet, the bike is new to me, and I'm new to 2strokes. Slower rider and I finished my lap 2 years ago on a 250 thumper, but had an aux tank and lots of gas to spare. My impression is the 2t burns thru fuel a little faster than my 250 did.

I might bring a little extra just to be on the safe side, but hauling gas in a backpack makes me nervous. I fall too much :jawdrop:

9 hours ago, Pincushion said:

I've never been, but since its only 1.5hrs away now I guess I should go check it out.  I'm not interested in racing though....how's the poker run the day before?  Can my 11 y/o on a xr100 handle it?

It really isnt very extreme terrain. Some loose rock and a lot of sand/dirt whoops and such but it's easy riding for the most part

On 3/15/2018 at 4:25 PM, SmokinJoe90 said:

Not me I've always avoided this race like the plague WAY to many squids come out of the wood work for it. Way to many riders who have no business/experience show up on bikes not setup properly for it.  Increasing the danger factor. 

So anyone who isnt an expert isnt worthy of having a good time? 

Pincushion, my daughter and I finished the family poker run just fine several years ago; she was on an XR100. A brand newbie might find a few of the rocky sections challenging, but there are a lot of lines through them, and up the hills. If she's more accomplished on her 100, try for the Ironman, it branches off the family course and gets you more mileage, and there are usually fewer riders on that part, so not as crowded. If she gets tired, just merge back in with the family course when they next intersect and get yourself back to camp.

2 hours ago, brownballin said:

im there this year , but will only be doing the poker run with my boy (8) , but would love to be a sweep rider if needed on sunday, I was a finisher in 16 and loved every second of the event

I am hoping to finish this year. I had a blast year and i only made 1 lap at the very end after sitting there out of gas and bleeding. Gashed my hand before the start and taped myself together as well as i could. Got stitches near midnight on race day, doctor and my girl were pissed i still decided to go racing and not go to the ER but i was still smiling ?

Thats cool youre gonna do the poker run with your son though i cant wait until mine is old enough. Hes only 3 so he's still on an Oset Electric bike 

• Like 2