All of my friends are die hard Ktm fans that’s all they ride and live for. Me I have a ktm but am going to be looking for a new bike soon. I like to explore brands and find out what would suit me best not stick to one brand. What’s people’s thoughts on GasGas I hear they’re better than beta which was my first choice but just looking for all around opinions, even other brands of bikes like betas or huskys.

You get a lot more for your money for the gassy than beta. I think it's between gas gas and sherco for the best enduro 2 stroke made right now. Those 2 companies have to supply a better product right now to build their client base...

• Like 2

This is a pissing contest that will only end when the dribble ends on your your shoes.

I have both a KTM and Beta 300, have had a GG ES 300, all have their advantages/disadvantages over the others (and I didn't mention Husky).

As far as 300s go.....Whenever I'm on my Beta or KTM I swear it's the best bike I've ever ridden. Then there's that stupid 350 I own......

• Like 3

This is a pissing contest that will only end when the dribble ends on your your shoes.
I have both a KTM and Beta 300, have had a GG ES 300, all have their advantages/disadvantages over the others (and I didn't mention Husky).
As far as 300s go.....Whenever I'm on my Beta or KTM I swear it's the best bike I've ever ridden. Then there's that stupid 350 I own......

Not a fan of the 350?

Those new gassers sure look good, from reading the tests the '18 is quite an improvement over the previous ones. And they are quickly building a strong dealer network. Sounds like a good way to go.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 2-smoker said:

Not a fan of the 350?

I like the 350, and the more I ride it the more I like it! Have only had it since November, first 4t I've had since 08.

Still wary of all the electronics and don't like the occasional flame outs. Other than that it's a great bike.

KTM / Husky are nice because they are a big company, with a good dealer network and plenty of engineers abiding by best practices.  They have service manuals, everything is well documented, parts are available and easy to get, dealers are well trained, well informed and well stocked.

I can tell you that Gas Gas is just the opposite.  For my trials bike there are no service manuals.  The parts diagrams are outdated and just plain wrong.  Engineers sourced different parts in different years that were never documented making getting replacements very , frustrating and expensive ordeals.  Dealers here in the U.S. don't stock everything.  So when you need a part that is not stocked, expect a 6+ week wait to get the part in from Spain.  Maybe if I had a lot of money and had other bikes as backups, I might try a Gas Gas enduro bike.

I don't know about Beta.  Do they have service manuals?  Are all the parts available here in the U.S.?  Perhaps someone who has had to order some obscure parts can comment.  My gut feeling is Beta is much better than Gas Gas.

Doc

• Like 4

That is certainly how it was. Hopefully with the buyout by Torot they will have the capital and management to change all that. We shall see...

11 hours ago, Doc_d said:

I don't know about Beta.  Do they have service manuals?  Are all the parts available here in the U.S.?  Perhaps someone who has had to order some obscure parts can comment.  My gut feeling is Beta is much better than Gas Gas.

Doc

Beta has their act together, plenty of dealer support and parts available. Great bikes, love my 300rr. Way better than my 06 GG ES 300, but the "new" GG might be improved, maybe not..

GasGas had a bunch of serious troubles with factory bankruptcy, bad to non-existant parts availability, etc. over the recent past. They seem to have new backers and are setting up new dealers and doing much better. The new bikes seem to be competitive. 

But right now, they have a terrible reputation, its going to take years, IMHO, to rebuild the system and reputation. I looked hard at GasGas last month when I bought my new bike, but they were priced about the same as Beta. If they had been solidly less expensive, I would have thought about overlooking their reputation and recent troubles. But they were the same price as Beta, and that was not enough for me. YMMV, etc.

• Like 1