Adhesive For Cam cover/Valve cover Gasket

I just did my valve adjustments and put my YZ250f back together as far as the valves, shims buckets and cam covers on but I need adhesive for the plastic valve/cam cover and I am stumped as far as what to use and where to get it or even what to call it! Need to get some soon im in need of a ride!

If the rubber gasket is still in decent condition you don't need any adhesive. You might want to use a little silicone on the little plastic half circle cam plugs. I have had my valve cover off several times and used nothing when putting it back together with no problems. 

2 minutes ago, DarrellH3 said:

If the rubber gasket is still in decent condition you don't need any adhesive. You might want to use a little silicone on the little plastic half circle cam plugs. I have had my valve cover off several times and used nothing when putting it back together with no problems. 

Alright, so do I need a special heat resistant silicone? where can I get some? Hardware store?

2 hours ago, Brock granberg said:

Alright, so do I need a special heat resistant silicone? where can I get some? Hardware store?

Auto parts store. Any black silicone will work that is oil resistant

In the past I've cheated and used a very small amount of high temperature silicon to help hold the rubber gasket in place when putting the valve cover on -  because the gasket kept sliding out of place. Like posted, with the right procedure, the silicon probably shouldn't be necessary.