KTM has held a unique record in 250SX since 2011—it’s the only brand to have won in every season. Kawasaki did not win in '15, Honda did not win in '17 (and so far, it has not done so this season), Yamaha had no wins in '13, and Suzuki did not have any in '11 nor between 2014-'17, while Husqvarna did not get any wins between '11 and '15. This consistency also yielded KTM's 40th victory in the 125/250 supercross classes, thanks to Jordon Smith's first win in 2018 at last Saturday night's Daytona SX. The Austrian KTM got its first triumph in small-bore supercross back in 2001, with the South African Grant Langston. The most successful KTM winner is Marvin Musquin, who won 11 times. So far, KTM has collected 22 wins in the West Region, while Smith's win was KTM's 18th victory in the East Region. KTM also took its second Daytona victory; Musquin got the first one in '15.

You should look into employment with them, you could be at good PR.

Jordan Smith returns to St. Louis where he won last year as well. Could he do it again and go back to back? 

KTM is also the only bike I ever saw break in half in a SX race too.  And the reason it broke in half was because the motor grenaded right before the jump.

 

You should look into employment with them, you could be at good PR.


I heard he got offered hush money from the Japs
13 minutes ago, DesertCR said:

You should look into employment with them, you could be at good PR.

Sounds like a way to ruin a fun hobby.  

7 minutes ago, jetfuel said:

 


I heard he got offered hush money from the Japs emoji850.pngemoji23.png

 

You got the number to Stormy Daniels lawyer by chance?

Good for KTM, it forces the other companies to be on their toes and ultimately we benefit.

However, unless I had plenty of disposable income I would not get into one, which I don't.

5 hours ago, jetfuel said:


Wonder if Honda ever heard of this bike ?

IMG_2057.jpg

 

36 minutes ago, allrightythen said:

Good for KTM, it forces the other companies to be on their toes and ultimately we benefit.

However, unless I had plenty of disposable income I would not get into one, which I don't.

If you're trying to race competitively it's actually the other way around....  Expand Jetfuel's post to see why. 

Edited by KTMRider4Life
9 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

 

If you're trying to race competitively it's actually the other way around....  Expand Jetfuel's post to see why. 

Since 2011 in SX 250s I think Honda has the most championships though. Isn't that what counts? 250 SX East is Honda 5-2. And SX West is Kaw 2, Yam 2, KTM 2 and Honda 1. Honda looks like the champ. Honda 6, KTM/Husky 4, Kaw 2, Yam 2 if I counted right.

7 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

Since 2011 in SX 250s I think Honda has the most championships though. Isn't that what counts? 250 SX East is Honda 5-2. And SX West is Kaw 2, Yam 2, KTM 2 and Honda 1. Honda looks like the champ. Honda 6, KTM/Husky 4, Kaw 2, Yam 2 if I counted right.

Give it two more years and count again.... 

Yet another fanboy pom pom thread........big yawn.

7 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Give it two more years and count again.... 

Maybe. But Plessinger and Forkner may be in the way this year. 250s are hard to project out too far. I thought JMart was going to have a big year this year oh well. But I guess it is not as bad as AMart was he even in the top 15?

Just now, Chaconne said:

Maybe. But Plessinger and Forkner may be in the way this year. 250s are hard to project out too far. I thought JMart was going to have a big year this year oh well. But I guess it is not as bad as AMart was he even in the top 15?

Forkner is going to get forked, Osborne will skewer him soon. 

1 hour ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Forkner is going to get forked, Osborne will skewer him soon. 

I hope he can beat him, Zack has been racing longer then Forkners been alive. 

Really cool but lets be honest. If any Japanese brand took their focus off of whatever trendy useless bullcrap they're pushing these days and instead focused on this field then they would be right back on top faster than you could blink. The world isn't moving that way though and supercross is worth nothing to the big brands.

31 minutes ago, sprok said:

Really cool but lets be honest. If any Japanese brand took their focus off of whatever trendy useless bullcrap they're pushing these days and instead focused on this field then they would be right back on top faster than you could blink. The world isn't moving that way though and supercross is worth nothing to the big brands.

Yes its a shame all four are half assing their bikes these days.  Wonder if they will ever take it serious again ? 

7 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

KTM has held a unique record in 250SX since 2011—it’s the only brand to have won in every season. Kawasaki did not win in '15, Honda did not win in '17 (and so far, it has not done so this season), Yamaha had no wins in '13, and Suzuki did not have any in '11 nor between 2014-'17, while Husqvarna did not get any wins between '11 and '15. This consistency also yielded KTM's 40th victory in the 125/250 supercross classes, thanks to Jordon Smith's first win in 2018 at last Saturday night's Daytona SX. The Austrian KTM got its first triumph in small-bore supercross back in 2001, with the South African Grant Langston. The most successful KTM winner is Marvin Musquin, who won 11 times. So far, KTM has collected 22 wins in the West Region, while Smith's win was KTM's 18th victory in the East Region. KTM also took its second Daytona victory; Musquin got the first one in '15.

Let's see who won the 250SX  championships during that span:

West / East

2011 - Tickle / Barcia (KAW / HON)

2012 - Tomac / Barcia (HON / HON)

2013 - Roczen / Wil Hahn (KTM / HON)

2014 - Anderson / Bogle (KTM / HON)

2015 - Webb / Muskrat (YAM / KTM)

2016 - Webb / M Stewart (YAM / HON)

2017 - J Hill / Zach O (KAW / HSQ)

HON - 6

KTM - 3

SCOREBOARD!

 

Edited by redrider144
7 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Let's see who won the 250SX  championships during that span:

West / East

2011 - Tickle / Barcia (KAW / HON)

2012 - Tomac / Barcia (HON / HON)

2013 - Roczen / Wil Hahn (KTM / HON)

2014 - Anderson / Bogle (KTM / HON)

2015 - Webb / Muskrat (YAM / KTM)

2016 - Webb / M Stewart (YAM / HON)

2017 - J Hill / Zach O (KTM / HSQ)

HON - 6

KTM - 4 - (5) *HSQ

SCOREBOARD!

 

*updated *  :ride:     

 

7 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

You got the number to Stormy Daniels lawyer by chance?

which one

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now