YZ450f won’t roll when clutch is pulled and bike is in gear

My 04 YZ450f clutch works fine when bike is running in all gears, but when bike is off when I pull the clutch In while bike is in gear nothing happens, I’m new to T4s but I don’t think this is normal

My 04 YZ450f clutch works fine when bike is running in all gears, but when bike is off when I pull the clutch In while bike is in gear nothing happens, I’m new to T4s but I don’t think this is normal
Put your bike on a stand and pull in the clutch and see if a buddy can rotate the wheel while its in gear. My guess would be your basket and hub are severely grooved and catching the plates.
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, stevethe said:

Pretty normal when cold. If it drags too much when warm it’s almost always the steel plates are blued and wrapped. So you just replace the metal plates. 

Yeah that makes sense it was 25 degrees when I was moving it 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2018 at 4:08 PM, ThrustWasher said:

Put your bike on a stand and pull in the clutch and see if a buddy can rotate the wheel while its in gear. My guess would be your basket and hub are severely grooved and catching the plates.

Define severely grooved? My Yz85 is doing similar things. I am down to the basket but not sure if it is too bad. Doesn´t seem to catch the plates since they were sticky.

(Cleaned them.)

Define severely grooved? My Yz85 is doing similar things. I am down to the basket but not sure if it is too bad. Doesn´t seem to catch the plates since they were sticky.

(Cleaned them.)
Like this.imageproxy.jpeg

10 hours ago, ThrustWasher said:

Like this.imageproxy.jpeg

Yeah, my basket isn´t nearly that bad.