Suspension settings

Hey guys, I'm wondering what suspension settings you all are running front and rear?  I have a 2017 crf 250r I'm a 210lb newer rider, my settings are currently set at,

rear suspension low speed  at 12 clicks

rear suspension high speed 2 turns

rebound is 12 clicks.

Left front fork inner chamber 150psi, outer  chamber 10psi, balance pressure 150psi

Right front fork compression position 7 clicks, rebound 29 clicks

Sag is 4"

Thanks guys

Proper spring on the rear? Unless it's sprung properly first, those numbers little to nothing... 

50 minutes ago, Hans Schmid said:

Proper spring on the rear? Unless it's sprung properly first, those numbers little to nothing... 

The spring is factory, so your saying I need to change it?

Most full-sized performance oriented dirt bikes are set up from the manufacturer with a rider target weight of about 160-170lbs,

20lbs over or under that ballpark number will usually require changing the spring rates to maintain the bike's suspension and handling characteristics.

For MX type riding, entering your general parameters (weight, skill level)

the Race Tech calculator suggests a 1 rate stiffer shock spring. (5.5 versus your stock 5.3)

At 100mm race sag, what is your static sag measurement? 

If 20mm or less, that would indicate your current shock spring requires too much preload (spring too soft) to maintain 100mm of race sag.

Edited by mlatour
On 3/18/2018 at 0:26 AM, Chris Edwards said:

The spring is factory, so your saying I need to change it?

100% yes. That factory rear spring is completely insufficient for your weight. You will never be able to set your sag properly either.