I know this topic has been discussed in the past, but I have not found any options available for the new 2018 bikes. I live and work for a new Beta Dealer (Auburn Extreme Powersports) in California, and we are having a difficult time mapping the RR-S bikes for full FMF exhausts. We have tried contacting Beta Support several times for this issue to no avail, and we typically are given the runaround when transferring to techs and secretaries. From what we can gather, the FMF flash is designed for the RR bikes, but not the street-legal counterparts. Every time we try to install the FMF map onto an RR-S errors occur, and the programmer screen goes virtually blank. We have heard through the grapevine that some are using the RR maps on the RR-S with success, but we have yet to try it, even on our own bikes for fear that it will permanently erase or damage the CDI. Any and all help or suggestions regarding this topic would surely be appreciated! Thanks, Ben.

Good to have another Beta dealer near Sacramento!

Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that the 18 rr's are dual injector? maybe a map for an earlier model?

Yeah, I would try a FMF map for a 2017 model. 2018 RR's have the dual injection. 

2017 should have the same injection/mapping as a 2018 RR-S. 

As Chris mentioned, you need to use the 2017 mapping.

You have to use the same year RR mapping, but in your case, the '17 would be that year for the RR, on your '18 RRS.

If you call Frank Plig at Beta, he will direct you to a dealer who has done it somewhere, in case you need support. 

Hey Kran,

I lost track of your thread on your 430. Can't seem to find it. Did you ever get the aftermarket ignition working?

12 hours ago, randysoo said:

Hey Kran,

I lost track of your thread on your 430. Can't seem to find it. Did you ever get the aftermarket ignition working?

Still waiting for all the parts. Athena is a mess.....

On 3/21/2018 at 8:55 AM, knotduke08 said:

I know this topic has been discussed in the past, but I have not found any options available for the new 2018 bikes. I live and work for a new Beta Dealer (Auburn Extreme Powersports) in California, and we are having a difficult time mapping the RR-S bikes for full FMF exhausts. We have tried contacting Beta Support several times for this issue to no avail, and we typically are given the runaround when transferring to techs and secretaries. From what we can gather, the FMF flash is designed for the RR bikes, but not the street-legal counterparts. Every time we try to install the FMF map onto an RR-S errors occur, and the programmer screen goes virtually blank. We have heard through the grapevine that some are using the RR maps on the RR-S with success, but we have yet to try it, even on our own bikes for fear that it will permanently erase or damage the CDI. Any and all help or suggestions regarding this topic would surely be appreciated! Thanks, Ben.

Use 2017 480RR Race Edition map.

Later George