No spark

Hi there, it's my first time posting here, I hope someone can help me. I have a road legal 2008 KLX450r that cut out on me the other day and won't start since. Turns out there is no spark, done the necessary checks by changing spark plug, changing coil (I have a kx450f which I swopped coils with) only to find the coil is not getting power. Checked all harness connectors, checked wire from CDI to coil, all seems alright! Where do I start? Stator? CDI? Please help! Tearing my hair out here... Some other forums have suggested the stator may be the issue but how do I test it? (Stator not the same as my KX450f)

I do have a manual yes, doesn't really give any specific specs to compare to when testing the stator... I have removed the stator and thought of taking it in to a bike shop near me to see if they can tell me if it's good or not. Will keep you updated, thanks for the reply

Edited by Nathan Mienie

So, the stator coil readings are all within spec. However, the resistance of the crankshaft sensor is no where near specified value, it must be the crank sensor that's causing the problem... Looks like the whole stator set up needs to be replaced anyways as it's all one unit unfortunately. 

Edited by Nathan Mienie
  • Like 1

Problem solved guys!! Crank sensor reading was in fact correct. Turns out it was a broken wire from my aftermarket ignition switch ? when I tested it it was obviously making contact the way I held it. So therefore my coil was not getting a good earth... Thanks for all the help guys appreciate it, at least now I know how to test all the other electrical components of the bike for future reference ?

Edited by Nathan Mienie
  • Like 2