Piston 300 ser

Are there any piston options other than oem? Will Ktm 300 piston be compatible? I have not held them side by side yet...

Edited by Creature-Sauce

What year? There is aftermarket parts that will do the job, just be sure the quality is good. OEM pistons ain’t that expensive and you rarly need to change them 120-150h. If you have a tool to measure compression you’ll get an idea of the state of pistons and rings 

6 hours ago, NORhardenduro said:

What year? There is aftermarket parts that will do the job, just be sure the quality is good. OEM pistons ain’t that expensive and you rarly need to change them 120-150h. If you have a tool to measure compression you’ll get an idea of the state of pistons and rings 

'17

19 minutes ago, NORhardenduro said:

Ok. Use OM, experienced bad quality on third party. How many hours? Usually they hold a long time. 

Over 100, I can feel it start to drop power. Im just wondering if the pistons are different, the oem cost quite a bit more... The only piston I can find on eBay for sherco is wossner cast. 

I'm also wondering about the rear sprocket bolt pattern, is it the same as 2011 and older huskys?

Maybe I will start a parts interchangeability thread...

I think the bolts are the same! Most of sherco parts you can find in ktm and suzuki. But after market parts like pistons (a key component) i would lay out the 120$! 100h is not much tho... 

On 3/24/2018 at 1:29 PM, Creature-Sauce said:

Over 100, I can feel it start to drop power. Im just wondering if the pistons are different, the oem cost quite a bit more... The only piston I can find on eBay for sherco is wossner cast. 

I'm also wondering about the rear sprocket bolt pattern, is it the same as 2011 and older huskys?

Maybe I will start a parts interchangeability thread...

The rear sprocket is the same as Italian Husky and Gas Gas bikes.

Wosner pistons are actually very good. For KTM parts interchange, Wiseco would probably be your best bet to cross reference, but i'd kind of doubt that a KTM piston would fit (weirder things have happened though)...