WP Xplor fork solutions

Anyone know where to get a left lower tube at a good price? 2018 500 EXC. I tried myself to fix it but I forgot to stay in a Holiday Inn Express so I failed, still leaks.

Where is it leaking from? Fork seal, bottom of the fork. It’s likely fixable, unless you did serious damage...

Where is it leaking from? Fork seal, bottom of the fork. It’s likely fixable, unless you did serious damage...

Middle of the lower fork tube got a ding in it. Tried the epoxy/other stuff and wet sandpaper.....still leaks....

A friend who race hard enduro in Europe got a 2020 300 TPI and I ordered the NOST N10Z kit for him in Germany. After a month of riding it he is still impress how better his forks and shock behave. He can now push the 3rd gear where he was struggling in 2nd out of the box (rocky trail). The motricity is increased, the bike goes straight, he can put his front where he wants and can ride longer before he get tire. Overhaul it is a great improvement and the parts are beautiful :). For $850 shipped from Germany to France we got the midvalve and basevalve pistons for both side of the forks and the DCC plus the main piston shims for the shock... 

8 hours ago, Keebler750 said:

Thierry, what does this mean: "The motricity is increased"

Both front and rear ends stick to the ground. So far he says he didn't find the forks limits and the rear doesn't spin like it use too. It allows him to climb hard stuff easier and to go faster everywhere without really pushing, just confidence. He is not a pro young gun, he is 50 and a former road racing national champ (France) who started enduro after his road racing career. On his previous bike he had the 4CS and we made it work pretty well following Terry Hay advices, now it is on an other level.

• Confused 1

Bought a '19 300 xcw early this riding season specifically to go hare scramble racing. I've put some time on the bike, re-sprung for my weight and find the suspension ok, which is being kind. Like many its ok for very low speed or moderate pace on flowing tracks. Pick up the pace over rocks and roots or banging into rough hare scramble tracks and I find the suspension beats me up. Rebound isn't controlled enough and compression becomes harsh at speed...so no different than the complaints documented here.  The shock is tolerable but doesn't do a good job tracking the ground and you loose traction on rougher tracks at speed. I've gotten it dialed in as well as I can to at least keep it pointing mostly straight but need to upgrade.

Not wanting to drop big bucks as weekend warrior but also not wanting to send a little several times to get to a workable solution I'm fence sitting on the XP-1 or Lucky set up.  I thought about simple revalve but thought that fits squarely into the spend a little then a little more category. Local shop recommended Ohlins inserts at about $2k (Cdn) which is much more than I want to spend.

Looking for feed back from those with the DS XP-1 installed. This is my economical solution with the Lucky being the top of my budget plans. I ride intermediate (albeit in the bottom of the class right now having only 2 races under my belt) and would like to not be beat up by the bike when I try to pull third or get bounced into a tree when I do.

Propery set up, the XP-1 setup should work fine. I read all they reviews and determined the Lucky was the best bang for the buck (reviews vs cost). The Sphere is good too, but more spendy and the Ohlins has mixed reviews and is spendy. The XP-1 was my second choice.

The Lucky is not cheap compared to the XP-1, but I’m glad I did it now.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Think i've asked this before, but anyone here much about the Racetech gold valves? Doesn't seem to be talked about much for the xplor forks or PDS shock 

I'm due for service on both ends and thinking of doing the valves at the same time and my buddy did the racetech course. 

Edited by Dirtstache 556

I was going back and forth between the Lucky and Kreft Revalve Control.
I ended up going with Kreft and have been quite pleased. My reasoning for going with Kreft was the ability to externally adjust the valving via the RC adjustment without having to send it in for a revalve.
I’ve made a few adjustments as I’ve got faster and I am hitting things harder. The extra adjustment has responded well.
Very plush, keeps its line without deflection and great bottoming resistance.

3 hours ago, Knightly said:

Propery set up, the XP-1 setup should work fine. I read all they reviews and determined the Lucky was the best bang for the buck (reviews vs cost). The Sphere is good too, but more spendy and the Ohlins has mixed reviews and is spendy. The XP-1 was my second choice.

The Lucky is not cheap compared to the XP-1, but I’m glad I did it now.

I was looking at the Luckys from Slavens as he has the valved for roots and rocks kind of riding. Luckys were the upper limit of ready made options. I know with some research you could build out the forks with WP parts and mimic the older style OC set up like the ones on my 500exc.  On top of reviews of the different systems I've caught a common theme of people going with basic systems, spending more to revalve and then eventually spending the money to go with some sort of insert like Dal Saggios.  Hopefully someone with the XP-1 kit installed can give a good review or ever some video.