Brands that work against the industry

Feel free to move this just thought I'd start with you rabble rousers 

I was watching a Slavens video and he mentioned the brand Loctite has spent quite a bit of time and money on lobbying to shut down trails in Colorado. I think we live in an era where options are generally plentiful and I can choose to not support products that use my money to fund such actions. I'd like to hear about other companies that do this as I know there are more. More details and sources the better. I recall Camel Back lobbying against moto however they are heavily into MTB which is a bit contradictory 

Perhaps a running list without babble just so people know where their dollars are going. 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Arctic Pride said:

Feel free to move this just thought I'd start with you rabble rousers 

I was watching a Slavens video and he mentioned the brand Loctite has spent quite a bit of time and money on lobbying to shut down trails in Colorado. I think we live in an era where options are generally plentiful and I can choose to not support products that use my money to fund such actions. I'd like to hear about other companies that do this as I know there are more. More details and sources the better. I recall Camel Back lobbying against moto however they are heavily into MTB which is a bit contradictory 

Perhaps a running list without babble just so people know where their dollars are going. 

I would be very interested in where you found this information as like you  I like you: like to vote with my money. Do you have a link or something?

I have used it for 50 years i would gladly change if they are working against us.

I have "HEARD" that Camleback fight against OHV  users. I don't have any proof so it is second hand information. But i have quit buying their products.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, raymo2.0 said:

I would be very interested in where you found this information as like you  I like you: like to vote with my money. Do you have a link or something?

I have used it for 50 years i would gladly change if they are working against us.

I have "HEARD" that Camleback fight against OHV  users. I don't have any proof so it is second hand information. But i have quit buying their products.

Slaven's may be crusty but he's been in the offroad industry for a long time, those people have a pretty good idea of whats going on in the power sports world as in the end it will effect their livelihood. I visit a snowmobile dealer in NH who is very similar, been involved for a long time and they know who is for/against what they do.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Arctic Pride said:

Slaven's may be crusty but he's been in the offroad industry for a long time, those people have a pretty good idea of whats going on in the power sports world as in the end it will effect their livelihood. I visit a snowmobile dealer in NH who is very similar, been involved for a long time and they know who is for/against what they do.

Not sure why your quoting me I didn't say anything about Slaven's I use him for a lot of my KTM parts. just asking for some clarification from AP.

5 minutes ago, raymo2.0 said:

Not sure why your quoting me I didn't say anything about Slaven's I use him for a lot of my KTM parts. just asking for some clarification from AP.

I always try to quote the previous post I'm responding to, helps keep threads organized ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mudd94 said:

Camelback was bought out by Vista Outdoors. 

Just look at all the other Vista Outdoor brands, I HIGHLY doubt they are continuing with their support of the Sierra Club. 

I see what you are saying just looked, vista bought them in 2015 it was before that I had heard about them. Maybe change my opinion?

Thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Creature-Sauce said:

Loctite based out of Düsseldorf Germany lobbies to shut down trails in Colorado? Hmm...

They are owned by Henkel.   Another one of the list of German companies that predate world war 1 .  They have offices and some production here in Connecticut.  Could be the anti offroad philosophy in the state has rubbed off on them.

• Like 2