KTM 300 or Beta 300rr or Gas Gas 300

I am going to be in Israel next month for a couple weeks and I am looking at going on an enduro ride while I am there. The only problem is it's on a KTM so I'm torn, It's a once in a lifetime opportunity but I don't want to be KTM guy! Arrrggg!  

If your post is serious, that's a bit ridiculous. Get on the F'n KTM and ride dirtbikes.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Goatse said:

If your post is serious, that's a bit ridiculous. Get on the F'n KTM and ride dirtbikes.

Sorry goatse, of course I'm joking. I would ride a KTM anytime and love it. I would also complain and do what I could do get under KTM guys skin. It is part of the fun we have when we ride. My buddies do the same when they ride my bikes. In this case I would ride  a Shriners mini bike if it got me up Mt. Sinai. 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Raging Petunia said:

I guess I need a definition of trolling? I assumed that it would be writing that post in a KTM thread. No harm meant. It's ok to love what you ride, and to rib the orange army, right?

When my friends won’t listen to ktm ribbing, I rib myself. I swing both ways having a beta and ktm. Complete elitist snob rider. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

When my friends won’t listen to ktm ribbing, I rib myself. I swing both ways having a beta and ktm. Complete elitist snob rider. 

4 GasGas, 9 KTM'S, many Japanese bikes and now 1 Beta. I'm an equal opportunity dirt bike offender! 

It's so very fun to see how protective some of these Beta guys get on both extremes. 

You mention anything about KTM being a great bike or great company and guy's react as if you said the Nazi's had a solid platform. Come to think of it, didn't the Nazi's start KTM?

Then, they go opposite extreme if you say Beta is solid and issues are way overblown and guys get easily offended and run to the HR department screaming and stomping their feet, "No, there are terrible problems that you must address or you cannot ride these bikes!"

Funny how serious some of these folks are, how some always have to be right. Makes you wonder what they are really like outside of this anonymous forum. Hmm, I wonder.....

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

I have a dirty secret, both of these bikes are sitting unclean in my garage and not all significant issues have been properly addressed (Chinese hack wiring and Sachs suspension and a ktm piston in a beta no less!). The shocking thing is that they’re both ridden and aren’t breaking down 139 miles from the staging area. Stay wise and keep it less than 140 miles from your truck.

at least the chains are dry (but unclean) and not rusting away.

i prolly should set my sag, repack my silencer, get fat man springs, service my suspension, service linkage bearings, and check my spokes. If social and human services heard of these abuses, the bikes would be reallocated to a new foster owner. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, firffighter said:

4 GasGas, 9 KTM'S, many Japanese bikes and now 1 Beta. I'm an equal opportunity dirt bike offender! 

It's so very fun to see how protective some of these Beta guys get on both extremes. 

You mention anything about KTM being a great bike or great company and guy's react as if you said the Nazi's had a solid platform. Come to think of it, didn't the Nazi's start KTM?

Then, they go opposite extreme if you say Beta is solid and issues are way overblown and guys get easily offended and run to the HR department screaming and stomping their feet, "No, there are terrible problems that you must address or you cannot ride these bikes!"

Funny how serious some of these folks are, how some always have to be right. Makes you wonder what they are really like outside of this anonymous forum. Hmm, I wonder.....

Yea.. All my riding friends ride a whole bunch of different bikes. When I go riding I see all kinds and all are good to go. It’s all about aloha and we are happy to just be in the trails. No one gives a shit about what different or similar bike you ride. It’s just great to be there. With the beta guys it sometimes gets to the comparing notes just to see if we can learn of any little tips from each other if we have similar bikes. It’s the same with any similar brand bikes and riders.  There’s never any shit like sometimes in these online dirt forums and of course this is only for only certain forums and certain threads. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Raging Petunia said:

1) In regards to trolls, if you don't like what someone else says, don't get hooked. Just IGNORE what they said and reply with something helpful to idiots like me who are reading these threads.

2) IMHO threads don't have to end where they start and always stay on track. Sometimes a thread ends better than it started. 

1) Indeed. I am an 'anti-troll' Troll. If you've watched Enemy at the Gate, you know what I am saying. ?

5 hours ago, Piney Woods said:

deleted post

2) Not always, but some posts do give me hope. :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Raging Petunia said:

I guess I need a definition of trolling? I assumed that it would be writing that post in a KTM thread. No harm meant. It's ok to love what you ride, and to rib the orange army, right?

High school buddy had a t-shirt that said, "If you don't like my driving, stay off the sidewalks".

If KTM riders get offended about what people say about their bikes, stay out of the Beta forum! ?

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Got ya beat by 5 inches bro.

Soooo, double? [emoji23]
It’s like panning for gold. :smirk::doh::ride:
It’s alot of stuff and only some is real and relevant from TT alone. ... BUT... You keep putting water and turning the pan and sometimes you find interesting stuff and sometimes nothing. You just dump the majority of shit and uou end up figuring who is full of shit and who isn’t and who is nice and who is not.  I try to go to a bunch of sources from everywhere and these days there are a ton of places to look for info about Beta. Sometimes you can find great info and great aftermarket parts not found anywhere else.
..but personal experience and my dealer are the most reliable.
. I go looking for Beta info all over though. .. actually just dirtbike stuff from the whole world!! How lucky and easy it is these days. Euro sources,South and North America, .. everywhere!   .. magazines, beta sources from everywhere Beta is in so many countries .  I found Ptech in eastonia before it was available in the USA. They gave me a great deal too!! I got great billet stronger clutch covers that no one else seemed to have. I got it from NZ from a guy who made them . I saw on Facebook and he made some for Chris Birch. . I got a great countershaft guard from Force in Aus.. and those weren’t available in the USA then. I saw one of the first guys who had an Xtrainer and he posted a vid on Facebook of him riding in a vidin Italy.. Instagram has it’s own great little tidbits of Beta top racers in live time almost from racing around the world and in a wide variety of languages. Still. A riding  Beta vid shows the language of a dirtrider above all. No translation needed.  I think the coolest stuff comes from watching hard enduro videos from around the world.. Portugal and Extreme Lagares for example has been awesome!! Thankyou Youtube, vimeo, Facebook, Instagram etc.. 
Really it’s all pretty cool [emoji41] 
Still in a place like TT it’s still sifting through junk. Since 2008 there have been around 8 Betatalk Beta motorcycles sites and most have come and gone. Some were great with nice knowledgeable guys and some just never got going right at all. Beta in TT has had the most dicks and trolls. By far..There are also a bunch of nice guys and some knowledgeable guys too so the idea to me is to keep turning that pan and have the water and waste drop away to let the gold stay in the pan. [emoji106]. 
Stay gold Hawaii Boy.
  • Haha 2

You mention anything about KTM being a great bike or great company and guy's react as if you said the Nazi's had a solid platform. Come to think of it, didn't the Nazi's start KTM[emoji6]

It's true, outside of this anonymous forum I troll the shit out of other anonymous forums. [emoji57]
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, firffighter said:

That is why I changed my profile pic. I thought that if people could see a selfie of me they could get a better idea of who they're messin' with in real life. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Beta300recat said:

High school buddy had a t-shirt that said, "If you don't like my driving, stay off the sidewalks".

If KTM riders get offended about what people say about their bikes, stay out of the Beta forum! ?

That’s the thing too. I’m always honest.. maybe taken wrong in some occasions if Im just happening to be joking around. But still just honest. I won’t go out of my way to dis any other brand by purposely going to other brand threads and trying to sell how great Beta is. That’s retarded. :bonk: . It’s really ok to like any brand one likes . Hey everyone has a different set of values. Tall enduro bikes are retarded to me others simply love that I guess. :excuseme:  To each their own.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, shrubitup said:

I have a dirty secret, both of these bikes are sitting unclean in my garage and not all significant issues have been properly addressed (Chinese hack wiring and Sachs suspension and a ktm piston in a beta no less!). The shocking thing is that they’re both ridden and aren’t breaking down 139 miles from the staging area. Stay wise and keep it less than 140 miles from your truck.

at least the chains are dry (but unclean) and not rusting away.

i prolly should set my sag, repack my silencer, get fat man springs, service my suspension, service linkage bearings, and check my spokes. If social and human services heard of these abuses, the bikes would be reallocated to a new foster owner. 

I'm reporting you buddy! 

Don't tell me you're one of those guys who actually rides his bikes! That's frowned upon my friend.

You need to focus on finding problems and fixing things that work perfectly fine, not waste your time actually out enjoying ridng! You've got this all wrong. How dare you! 

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, firffighter said:

I'm reporting you buddy! 

Don't tell me you're one of those guys who actually rides his bikes! That's frowned upon my friend.

You need to focus on finding problems and fixing things that work perfectly fine, not waste your time actually out enjoying ridng! You've got this all wrong. How dare you! 

Yea!!! How dare guys love riding current dirt bikes just putting oil and gas in this day and age!!!! No one could ever ride a motorcycle fast and enjoy themselves with such an unrideable bike !!!

I think everyone should ride and race a mid 70’s big bore 2 stroke just for entertainment and trainings sake.?

... just have a wr just there to take a spin on.. 

Then go ride a new bike and be a whiny bitch ?

waa the suspension isn’t good.. waaa it vibrates too much waaah I don’t like the brakes  waaah waaa waaah. ?

All the bikes are great ? just pick one and ride. There’s so much more whining and bitching these days. In the 70’s it was just go ride. 

I remember it was such a big deal for these Huskies to get primary kick!!!!! Wooohoo!!! Yea you didn’t need to find neutral to start your bike!!! Now you could just pull in the clutch!!! Wow!! How amazing!!!?

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

There’s so much more whining and bitching these days. In the 70’s it was just go ride.

No kidding! Didn't matter what you had, you were just happy to have something. :cheers:

So much history being made. So much dynamic change to make bikes what they are today. Japan sold bikes because they made them affordable. Now China sells bikes because they can make them reliable. Heck, India makes motorcycles.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:00 PM, shrubitup said:

I’d like to get up there in April when it’s snow free I would hope?

let me know... if you want to see some amazing area.... look up the monkey wrench race... its in Lynton every year around June.... dry area... ride right up into single track alpine and its only about 2 hours from Chilliwack... would be worth seeing once

• Like 1