2018 YZ250x Availability (when will 2019’s be released)?

So I’ve been going back and forth for months (buy a 2018 or wait for 2019).  I checked with 2 Yamaha dealers and they both said that the YZ250x is all but sold out nationwide.  Both said they can’t even get one now to sell.  I checked on CycleTrader and nationwide its showing only 12 are available.  How accurate is CycleTrader?  Is all dealer inventory somehow connected to CycleTrader?  When will the 2019’s be in dealers?

RP

Edited by R1peacock

So much for CycleTrader being accurate.  Thanks, That one isn’t listed but its nearly 1,700 miles from my house.

RP

Lot's available in Canada for $6,200 USD. Not sure you would have to pay tax if exporting it. Check out Kijiji in Ontario or Quebec.

Here is one and these guys will ship. No sales tax if shipped so could be a better deal than buying local.

https://portyamaha.com/Motorcycles-Yamaha-YZ250X-2018-Port-Washington-WI-7cb02854-7fba-4e24-bfaa-a7900134c15c

Freedom Powersports have quite a few available at different locations and I stopped and looked at one recently.

https://www.freedompowersportsusa.com/default.asp?page=xAllInventory&t=new#page=xAllInventory&year=2018&make=yamaha&model=yz250x&t=new

I also stopped by Sherman Powersports since they have one in stock but their out the door price was stupid.

https://www.shermanpowersports.com/inventory/v1/Current/Yamaha/Motorcycle/Off-Road/2018-YZ250X/Base--Sherman-Texas---6976771

I think you will find that there are many of them out there but the dealer will try to make you think they fly out the door. Once the 2019's show up there will be some good deals to be had on some of these 2018's.

Cycle trader is never accurate, but it's the dealers that provide the information.

Might be worth regularly searching c-list if you are near a large metro area.  I'm in Atlanta and constantly searching for steel frame YZs, and more than a few times very low hour 250Xs have popped up.  A buddy of mine bought one that had about 1/2 a season of hare scrambles on it.  Probably saved at least $2500.

Thats funny, when we were looking for our "X" we wanted a 17 and not an '18 just for cosmetic reasons ( like the '17 stock graphics and wheels better than '18) and we were having a heck of a time finding a left over '17, everywhere we went had '18's and we almost pulled the plug. 2 weeks ago a '17 shows up in an ad and we ran over and got it. Saved $500 to boot

This is in Calimigrationornia 

There is a dealer in Illinois offering a new 2018 YZ250X at $6576. That is a smoking deal for a new bike. Goodguymotorsports.  You can see it on craigslist.  At this price it is worth it to buy new. 

I paid 6999 for mine. Hope to carry out for first ride this weekend. I have had 03,06, and 07 yz250s in the woods.

I paid 6999 for mine. Hope to carry out for first ride this weekend. I have had 03,06, and 07 yz250s in the woods.
Enjoy the X, if your padantic like me it'll take you a while to set up but once your there they are bloody good.

Regards Dazz