What a great deal!

Guess this could of gone in the Northwest forums, but i thought id share with my Beta buddies.  Plated Tab cost in WA for my Beta 250RR, $177.  What a joke.  $90 of it as a transit tax, that makes a lot of sense.  Fortunately i don't ride on the street or have any of the street legal stuff on anymore so i won't be paying it.  

tabs.JPG

8 hours ago, NW_drZ said:

Guess this could of gone in the Northwest forums, but i thought id share with my Beta buddies.  Plated Tab cost in WA for my Beta 250RR, $177.  What a joke.  $90 of it as a transit tax, that makes a lot of sense.  Fortunately i don't ride on the street or have any of the street legal stuff on anymore so i won't be paying it.  

tabs.JPG

I think Hawaii is similar price.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

All that lefty free shit is expensive, someone has to pay!    Same here, but at least you have a lot of nice legal riding.   Just renewed my Tundra reg, $88.  Bike is not registered.

• Like 2

I have purchased orv tabs and plates for at least 20 different bikes in ten years. Never been checked except for once at Shelton enduro. My beta has a mso only. I'm not titling or buying tabs either. Legislature stole $2M from orv fund this year anyway. Tickets are cheaper than a title or tabs or plates and so far I've never got a ticket in over 11 years. 

• Like 1

What I dont understand is this. These supposedly progressive states (and the other ones too) keep banging us saying they are trying to be green and reduce traffic congestion bla bla but they dont do a single thing to encourage motorcycle riders. 

If you need to park you pay same as a car, how is that fair? A car takes the spot of 6 dual sports...

Not to mention these are shitty cities anyway. You go to F**** PARIS, the MOST VISITED city in the world! beautiful lovely, romantic, has art, food, culture, you name it. You see motorcycles parked on the sidewalk. Here they ll pound your bike. (Same goes for many many countries) they want to encourage motorcycling because it helps. when i’m in Italy, i have to keep pinching myself to remind myself this is real.

Ever looked on ebay europe for motorcycles? a bike more than 3 years old is going to have zillions of miles cause they ride to work. Here you find bikes from the 70s with less than 10k miles.

they keep busting our balls about the next big thing solar cars, hybrid cars, whatever...the solution is right here, MOTORBIKES, and it’s used in a lot of other countries from Asia to Africa. If only the idiots in our governments put 20% of the resources they put behind nonsense that will never work, behind educating people and encouraging motorcycle use.

And no i dont want to pay for Transit whatever stupid train in Seattle, especially when i know governments manage money so badly. As a motorcycle rider you learn to be resourceful, fix things, manage small spaces and resources. These idiots spend ridiculous amounts on nonsense. 

The oher thing, americans feel offended if you lane-split, they say it’s about fairness. Yes, I’m all for fairness, I gave up a lot things: space in the trunk, exposed to the elements, I cant carry big stuff, I give up the space you enjoy inside your van, I give up comfort and convenience by having to deal with wearing gear/helmets/boots etc. which is logistics/complications I put up with, i dont drag a lot of metal, i dont take as much space on the road and in parking and I pollute significantly less. So why should I wait behind you? You chose that lifestyle, I chose this one, feel free to get a bike. By the way this is the position in the rest of world.

for those who read motorcycles magazines in foreign languages, one the selling points you would see in motorcyces reviews is how easy you can lane split with the bike...

Back to traffic, study after study shows that bikes are a good solution and it’s right here, we dont have to squander resources on plans that 1% chance of succeding.

here is an excerpt and links below:

“ The study, which was presented at the Association des Constructeurs Européens de Motocycles (ACEM) 2012 Conference in Brussels, found that if 10 percent of all private cars were replaced by motorcycles in the traffic flow of the test area, total time losses for all vehicles decreased by 40 percent and total emissions reduced by 6 percent (1 percent from the different traffic composition of more emission-reduced motorcycles and 5 percent from avoided traffic congestion). A 25 percent modal shift from cars to motorcycles was found to eliminate congestion entirely.”

http://www.tmleuven.be/project/motorcyclesandcommuting/home.htm

http://www.gizmag.com/motorcycles-reduce-congestion/21420/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/motorbikes/9272532/Why-commuting-by-motorcycle-is-good-for-everyone.html

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/theurbanist/2015/05/04/are-motorcycles-the-answer-to-urban-traffic-congestion/

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, FlyingWheel said:

What I dont understand is this. These supposedly progressive states (and the other ones too) keep banging us saying they are trying to be green and reduce traffic congestion bla bla but they dont do a single thing to encourage motorcycle riders. 

If you need to park you pay same as a car, how is that fair? A car takes the spot of 6 dual sports...

Not to mention these are shitty cities anyway. You go to F**** PARIS, the MOST VISITED city in the world! beautiful lovely, romantic, has art, food, culture, you name it. You see motorcycles parked on the sidewalk. Here they ll pound your bike. (Same goes for many many countries) they want to encourage motorcycling because it helps. when i’m in Italy, i have to keep pinching myself to remind myself this is real.

Ever looked on ebay europe for motorcycles? a bike more than 3 years old is going to have zillions of miles cause they ride to work. Here you find bikes from the 70s with less than 10k miles.

they keep busting our balls about the next big thing solar cars, hybrid cars, whatever...the solution is right here, MOTORBIKES, and it’s used in a lot of other countries from Asia to Africa. If only the idiots in our governments put 20% of the resources they put behind nonsense that will never work, behind educating people and encouraging motorcycle use.

And no i dont want to pay for Transit whatever stupid train in Seattle, especially when i know governments manage money so badly. As a motorcycle rider you learn to be resourceful, fix things, manage small spaces and resources. These idiots spend ridiculous amounts on nonsense. 

The oher thing, americans feel offended if you lane-split, they say it’s about fairness. Yes, I’m all for fairness, I gave up a lot things: space in the trunk, exposed to the elements, I cant carry big stuff, I give up the space you enjoy inside your van, I give up comfort and convenience by having to deal with wearing gear/helmets/boots etc. which is logistics/complications I put up with, i dont drag a lot of metal, i dont take as much space on the road and in parking and I pollute significantly less. So why should I wait behind you? You chose that lifestyle, I chose this one, feel free to get a bike. By the way this is the position in the rest of world.

for those who read motorcycles magazines in foreign languages, one the selling points you would see in motorcyces reviews is how easy you can lane split with the bike...

Back to traffic, study after study shows that bikes are a good solution and it’s right here, we dont have to squander resources on plans that 1% chance of succeding.

here is an excerpt and links below:

“ The study, which was presented at the Association des Constructeurs Européens de Motocycles (ACEM) 2012 Conference in Brussels, found that if 10 percent of all private cars were replaced by motorcycles in the traffic flow of the test area, total time losses for all vehicles decreased by 40 percent and total emissions reduced by 6 percent (1 percent from the different traffic composition of more emission-reduced motorcycles and 5 percent from avoided traffic congestion). A 25 percent modal shift from cars to motorcycles was found to eliminate congestion entirely.”

http://www.tmleuven.be/project/motorcyclesandcommuting/home.htm

http://www.gizmag.com/motorcycles-reduce-congestion/21420/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/motorbikes/9272532/Why-commuting-by-motorcycle-is-good-for-everyone.html

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/theurbanist/2015/05/04/are-motorcycles-the-answer-to-urban-traffic-congestion/

Yea motorcycles and bicycles should be supported more. Just came back from Japan. Lots of motorcycles and bicycles.. they have awesome public transportation too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Yea motorcycles and bicycles should be supported more. Just came back from Japan. Lots of motorcycles and bicycles.. they have awesome public transportation too. 

Honda Super Cub c90 is the most sold bike in the world. Honda had no intent of selling it here. Gave about 11 of them to their staff in dealership in California in the 70s, suddenly people wanted it, so Honda started bringing them here and it became a hit. People just need to be educated and get exposed and understand.

for now, whenever I say motorcycle, people go oh my uncle had a harley, i have nothing against harleys (kinda do)  but there are scooters, small size bikes, that are just very practical. 

It’s kind of like if you talk about walking, people think of athletic speed walking, or talk about riding a bicycle and people think of bicycle racing. Government should encourage normal small size bikes. People should think about it the same way you think about a toyota camry. It gets you from point a to point b.

The US market is going wild on big bikes, not everyone needs R1200 GS GoldWing or harley. Some people just need to get around. I have met many riders in europe who only use bikes cause they are practical. They have no moto passion or anything. 

Many european countries will include moto endorsment in your car driver license for up to 125 cc or 200 or something like that just to allow car drivers to have access to small bikes and freeways and have the option to ride. Ever wondered how the big scooters trend (Burgman, Magesty, BMW C10...) started? Thats it. People who dont know how/ dont want to shift gears in traffic, or just dress business.

hell in belgium you get to deduct your motorcycle gear, gas and expenses from your taxes. Also their taxes includes many deductions for businesses that use motos...think pizza, messengers etc.

here pizza delivery guy is driving a a 4.0 or a V8, the $10 pizza cost $12 in gas to get to you...

22 hours ago, NW_drZ said:

tabs.JPG

Someone has to pay for those choo choo trains thats gonna take 30 years ro build and have billions in cost ovverruns 

• Like 1

Well it’s just different from state to state. .. so the price just varies. There’s no big conspiracy. It’s just figuring out how much things cost and figuring out how it’s paid for. California is larger than most countries.  Hawaii is a dot in the middle of the ocean. Different states have very different issues to deal with. :ride:

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

58 minutes ago, Motorcycle Nut said:

The Demorobbers in WA state have their hands so deep into our pockets it's as if you haveing a prostate exam 24/7.

No matter where you live you can pick out a single tax or fee, be outraged and whine about being ripped off or over taxed. 

Washington has the fifth highest sales tax in the US but the lowest income tax (0%).  Washington is middle of the road compared to other states when you look at state & local tax burden as a percent of personal income, 28th place at 9.3%.  Idaho has the same 9.3% rate (lower tax burden per capita but also lower income per capita).  State & local taxes average around 10% of personal income and don't vary much between states (the normal range is between 8 - 11%).  New York is the highest at 12.7% and Alaska is low because of all the oil money at 6.5%.

States differ greatly in the mechanisms they use to collect revenue but do not differ that much in how much they collect.

• Like 1