JIS Driver Set

I have been wanting a set of JIS screw drivers for a while. Ordered a set so I will not damage any screws on my 100% all original unrestored 1973 CR250M Elsinore ? when they show up I suppose I can clean the points and carb with out damaging the screws........been 45 years since they were installed!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, ricky racer said:

I have been wanting a set of JIS screw drivers for a while. Ordered a set so I will not damage any screws on my 100% all original unrestored 1973 CR250M Elsinore ? when they show up I suppose I can clean the points and carb with out damaging the screws........been 45 years since they were installed!

We need pics of your bike.

• Like 2

Replace all scews with allen hex bolts, screws are too much of a problem, they are just old tech that needs gone. Hex tools can be small carried in tool box if you travel it’s easy. not gonna carry jis drivers and the other ones..too much

• Like 2

10 hours ago, VortecCPI said:

I am in no way promoting this but I thought some of you may find it useful...

http://www.gofastinnovations.com

I love my set of JIS drivers and they are the only ones I use on my bikes.  They do make a difference.  I will be getting a set of these as a back-up to leave in my garage.

This should get copied to a more general area so that others can see it too.

• Like 3

Your post was just in time for me. The XS650 I'm working on was last worked on by a gorilla fisted knucklehead. I need the JIS to get it apart. I ordered a set, the girl in the photo had no influence on my decision, yet I did find her intriguing. Mailperson where are you?

• Like 3

The bike is ALL original except for the handle bars that are period correct K&N. I have the front nuber plate also and the factory sercive manual. The wheels have never even been off the bike. Even has the cotter pins still in the axle. 3-4hrs of run time then my dad parked it after losing his right pinky finger in a crash in the first race on it. That's why it has the aftermarket bars. Even the tires are stock and still hold air! I have not found another 1973 CR250M in this unrestored condition. I will get it running after my new JIS screw drivers show up ? 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, dfesmire99 said:

W/o picktchers, this post is useless......emoji469.pngemoji469.pngemoji631.pngemoji631.png

Ummmm,  his very first post on this thread included a link. Might be helpful if you click it? 

And I hope your spelling of "pictures", was a joke? 

• Like 1

Ummmm,  his very first post on this thread included a link. Might be helpful if you click it? 

And I hope your spelling of "pictures", was a joke? 

The '73 Elsinore was one of the finest dirt bikes ever built. I'm lucky to have had the opportunity to have ridden one. To find one in the condition of the one in the link posted is exceptional. Possibly a little "thin skinned" are you?? Onward we go....[emoji469][emoji469][emoji631][emoji631]

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dfesmire99 said:

The '73 Elsinore was one of the finest dirt bikes ever built. I'm lucky to have had the opportunity to have ridden one. To find one in the condition of the one in the link posted is exceptional. Possibly a little "thin skinned" are one?? Onward we go....emoji469.pngemoji469.pngemoji631.pngemoji631.png

Wtf are you quoting me? The post was about a set of screwdrivers not a bike. If that's what you wanted "picktchers" of, you should've made sense and stated that... :banghead:

• Like 1