cullenwilson98

98 YZ400f trading for a 06 KTM 300exc

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys I am new to the forum, I have been trying to convert my 98 YZ400f to a trail bike and just with the money i'm gonna have to put in its just not looking like its gonna play out. But I ran across this 06 KTM 300exc and the guy seems willing to trade would that be a good bike for what I am wanting to use it for which would mainly be trails and such since i don't have a track close to where I live and trails would be more of what I ride anyway.  

What is yall's opinion on this not very familiar with two strokes always heard they are easier to work on less maintenance then a four stroke. 

Anyway let me know what ya'll think! 

The 300 EXC is a great trail bike.  I own a 2002 300 MXC and 90% of the time I'm riding trails.  Maintenance has been very easy; just oil changes and keeping the air filter clean. 

1 person likes this

The 300 EXC is a great trail bike.  I own a 2002 300 MXC and 90% of the time I'm riding trails.  Maintenance has been very easy; just oil changes and keeping the air filter clean. 
I agree. I just went through the same thing but a YZ250 to convert to Trail in going to happen bikes too fast and too skittish. Wound up buying a KTM 300 xc-w.