california tp3dxf Return to Duty

So after about 5 years off the itch to ride came back. I picked up a Dual Sported 08 KLX 450R and It's time to ride again.  Heading out Saturday for a shake down ride on the KLX in Gorman for the bike and myself.  Nothing serious or fast.  Just need to get some time on the dirt bike and get my head back into offroad action.  If anyone is interested in a mellow Gorman ride let me know I usually stage in Sterling. My plan is to be there Saturday at 08:00 and ride from there.  

• Like 1

Be careful.  Lots of idiots on ATVs and SxS there on the weekend.  And don’t assume you will not meet traffic coming the other way on the one way trails.  Congrats on the new bike.

Welcome back. Pretty sure we rode together in LPNF long time ago. I took 6 years off and came back last year . Take it easy , some skills come back, some don’t

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tp3dxf said:

So after about 5 years off the itch to ride came back. I picked up a Dual Sported 08 KLX 450R and It's time to ride again.  Heading out Saturday for a shake down ride on the KLX in Gorman for the bike and myself.  Nothing serious or fast.  Just need to get some time on the dirt bike and get my head back into offroad action.  If anyone is interested in a mellow Gorman ride let me know I usually stage in Sterling. My plan is to be there Saturday at 08:00 and ride from there.  

Welcome back.....nothing serious or fast:smirk:

Welcome back. Pretty sure we rode together in LPNF long time ago. I took 6 years off and came back last year . Take it easy , some skills come back, some don’t

Bigbob I remember the DR450 you tried to ride out in El Mirage.  Early days.

I believe we rode together up in the LPNF, staging in Hungry Valley. We rode with Kevin I believe. I forgot my riding socks and he had a extra pair :D

That el mirage trip was my first trip to the desert. I had only been riding for 6 months and I could not climb sandy hills. Yesterday I still could not climb a sandy hill. Nothing has changed in 15 years
  • Like 1