KLX Fan

who's stoked for the 2019 Kx450

Looks like we'll finally have a viable option as Enduro Riders to get a KX that's close to our beloved KLX450. I've been looking at the leaked photos and not only is it coming with electric start but it looks like it has a hydraulic clutch as well. It'll be interesting to see what kind of output the stator has for running headlights and tail lights to be added on. And wondering what the gear ratio on the transmission will be like for Enduro riding. None the less, it would be great if Kawasaki takes advantage and creates a KLX 450 again based on this new KX.s1600_19kx450sneakpeekA_381342.jpg

• Like 2

It’s not like they designed all new parts, maybe a gearbox from a Klx450r from overseas will fit in there. My 09 kx450f (first year of FI and 5spd) can supposedly fit the 08-09klx450r gears. I had planned to put some in there, but I haven’t had a reason to split the cases yet.

15 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

That new KX 450 is nice and shows good off road potential save for the mx gear box. Make a new klx version!

Meh, no different then a KTM 450XCF bike though. When I sit on the Kawi it feels so dam slim though... 

49 minutes ago, Hans Schmid said:

Meh, no different then a KTM 450XCF bike though. When I sit on the Kawi it feels so dam slim though... 

The ktm has taller gearing so higher top speed and likely a lower first too. 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2018 at 1:10 AM, Hans Schmid said:

The only difference is it will be smoother and of better quality 😉

On 3/31/2018 at 9:58 AM, KLX Fan said:

Looks like we'll finally have a viable option as Enduro Riders to get a KX that's close to our beloved KLX450. I've been looking at the leaked photos and not only is it coming with electric start but it looks like it has a hydraulic clutch as well. It'll be interesting to see what kind of output the stator has for running headlights and tail lights to be added on. And wondering what the gear ratio on the transmission will be like for Enduro riding. None the less, it would be great if Kawasaki takes advantage and creates a KLX 450 again based on this new KX.s1600_19kx450sneakpeekA_381342.jpg

I am very stoked!  I may buy the 2020 KX450 and mod it.  Tomac seems to be doing ok on it.