2005 kxf250 oil leak

I have a 05 kxf 250 with a full engine rebuild and about 6 hours ride time on it and the past month I haven’t been out on it but every weekend I start it up and it seems to leak oil everywhere and I’m not sure why? It is a dirt bike and has no side stand. Any tips or help? Also the oil smells like it has some petrol in it

Edited by Thomas97

Is the fuel valve left on while the bike is sitting? It may have slowly seeped gas into the crankcase and over filled it causing the oil/gas mix to get blown out of the breather hose. 

Soneone else who actually owns a kxf will probably know more about this particular issue than me though

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, FaceDeAce said:

Please explain more details of what you mean by “leak oil everywhere”

Oil comes out of the crankcase breather tube when the engine has high pressure build up

Oil out the breather tube can be one of the following:

• The tube is not routed up high over the carburater boot then down out between the frame and swing arm.  Oil mist that gets into the tube can air lock, then just siphons and drains nearly the entire case.
  • Oil contamination frothing.  Typically from a coolant leak such as water pump seal.  The oil will look creamed like a cappuccino
  • Bike not level, leaning to the clutch side.  
  • Oil sump overfilled, too much oil.  It will spit and pump out some oil.
  • The tube is not large enough diameter or there is a partial obstruction in the tube or in the vent fitting on the case.  Sets up a pump and siphon effect, drains nearly the entire case.
  •  
Edited by FaceDeAce