Recommended AER fork parts service intervals?

Vet expert Mx

• Like 1

Honestly mine felt a waste of time at 40 hours ,I don't think it's a good idea to go longer ,but I could not see a reason to service them once apart , it's catch 22

The oil holds up really good as well , if you do them at 40 or 50 I would do bushes and seals , unlikely they will go to 80

• Like 1

On 5/6/2018 at 9:54 AM, mog said:

Honestly mine felt a waste of time at 40 hours ,I don't think it's a good idea to go longer ,but I could not see a reason to service them once apart , it's catch 22

The oil holds up really good as well , if you do them at 40 or 50 I would do bushes and seals , unlikely they will go to 80

Thanks, you are probably faster than me then. I am a 30+ B rider. The thing I have working against me is my size. I do tend to be rather hard on suspension components. 

I think I will just go with your advice and go 40 hrs and do a full service at that time and adjust my interval at that time if needed. 

One more question, are you guys using all OEM parts for rebuilds? SKF seals a good idea? They were always better than the Jap seals. 

Edited by BDubb106

1 hour ago, mog said:

Skf is STD on wp forks

Awesome... thanks! I sent everything to FC to be set up so I have not taken a close look at the suspension. Cant wait to put some real time on this bike. I'm loving it so far. 

I use a clear 3 ring binder paper holder/protector. Cut it in half/one sheet, grease it and use it as a sleeve to slide past threads. It’s thin,clean and cheap.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2018 at 8:57 PM, daniel.redinge said:

Where do you buy the tool that protect the seal? Thx 

They retail about £30 from wp dealers, quick and easy to use

3 hours ago, karlace said:

Thank you, i didn't realize it was WP original, i checked 2018 manual and it says part number is T14092.

On 8/11/2018 at 12:47 AM, karlace said:

Hey Karl, can you please post up the part number.

Also, is anyone tuning the AER fork by changing the rate of the ICS spring?  thanks mate

48601628S and yes depending what changes you want you can change the ics