Sign in to follow this  

YZ95 Jetting?

I picked up a pretty roached out yz95 for my kid. Replaced almost everything, rebuilt motor, boingers, brake lines all that jazz. 

I'm looking for some baseline jettings settings or recommendations. 

Last time I took him out riding, we went to a play pit area in central oregon. He could ride for about 20 mins and plug would foul? 

I'd pull the plug, and it wasn't covered in oil like I would expect. (I've been fuel injected myself since 2011 so kinda out of touch with the carbs.)

Wasn't light brown though either like it was too lean. 

I'd throw a new plug in and it would start right up. Gonna pull the jets tonight and see what's in there. But just looking for some baseline settings or recommendations if anyone has any. 

TIA

It's YZ 125 ? If so, on 2005 onward models standard main jet should be like 410-430 depending on the temperature and hight. Not sure about 1995 though.
But leave the jetting for a moment. I assume Your kid didn't go like full throttle most of the time ? If not and if it's running too lean try to play with pilot screw and most important - jet needle clip position. Jet needle hight is the most important thing for 1/4 to 3/4 throttle valve opening.

Second thing - whats the premix ratio ?

Third thing - what was the color of the plug ? You said it wasn't oiled and it wasn't light brown (light brown is good btw) so what color was it ?

Edited by Stigy