Georgetown is thrashed...

Been a tough winter on Georgetown.  Rode Wed and Thurs, just before this storm.  We had plans on going elsewhere but I called the Ranger Station and was told both the east and west sides were open.  Yes, they were open but there were trails blocked everywhere.  I'm shocked they had the park open. Had a great time but in all my years at GT, I have never seen so many downed trees, slides and areas that literally look like a tornado tore it apart.  I'll be calling the Ranger Station to see if there is a way to volunteer some cleanup efforts and if you ride GT at all, please do the same.  The "forest litter" is really bad!  The flume trail was closed for repair.  According to one of the guys working on it we chatted with, they are "fixing" the narrow section and making it wider "so people don't die" out there.  Changes....  I wish they would leave it alone but that's another subject.  Anyway, this storm will have the park shut down for a few days but when it dries out and they reopen the park, ride extra careful, there is a surprise around every other corner...

• Like 3

Was out there last Friday and it was horrible. Stuff everywhere as you stated... 

We also saw two younger rangers that were putting logs and brush onto existing trails to block them! Out on the ride we ran into a trail that had been clearly damaged by the same guys... It's really nasty what the rangers are doing out there. 

Not sure how to stop them but this is just nuts!

• Like 2

You are saying "existing trails" but you aren't saying if they are marked trails or not.  If not, I get why they are covering them up but I have never heard about rangers covering up marked trails.

16 hours ago, cosmoKenney said:

If you ask me, a hand full of trees would be fun to have on the trails. Kinda like riding up in Canada. As they stand, the trails at GT are pretty tame.

until some one falls over one and brakes there leg, then it sucks, also land managers do not like go arounds 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 450FXer said:

I’ll see you out there this week Squid man! I got my saw and fresh chain. Plenty of Squid juice to go around. Anyone have a snow report/down fall for Stoney?

Made it to the top of Goat Mtn from Middle Creek last weekend. After the rain to 13,000 feet this week, I'd bet all the snow is gone now. But, there is likely now some downfall due to the wind. 

• Like 1