Jump to content
  • 0
kx450f06

App not working

Question

Downloaded the latest version of the tt app for my device pixel 2 and it crashes Everytime I open the app gets past the tt logo then gets to the loading screen shuts down and says network error. I uninstalled it and tried again same thing for about a week now.

Share this post


Link to post

12 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
On 4/6/2018 at 8:48 PM, kx450f06 said:

Downloaded the latest version of the tt app for my device pixel 2 and it crashes Everytime I open the app gets past the tt logo then gets to the loading screen shuts down and says network error. I uninstalled it and tried again same thing for about a week now.

Mine has been doing the same thing for a month or so.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

There was a bug in the code that loaded the main topic feed, however i put a fix for that bug up on Sunday.  Please check to see if this is still happening for you now. You may need to go into android settings > applications  and find the TT app and clear all data (or you can just uninstall/re-install to clear the data).

However, the issue that was causing this should be fixed now. It's fixed on my Nexus 5X test device, which isn't a "new" device by any means and that issue is now solved. Please give it a try and let me know.

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
10 hours ago, Brian Wilson said:

There was a bug in the code that loaded the main topic feed, however i put a fix for that bug up on Sunday.  Please check to see if this is still happening for you now. You may need to go into android settings > applications  and find the TT app and clear all data (or you can just uninstall/re-install to clear the data).

However, the issue that was causing this should be fixed now. It's fixed on my Nexus 5X test device, which isn't a "new" device by any means and that issue is now solved. Please give it a try and let me know.

 

I uninstalled it and downloaded it again. Still same issue says network unavailable try again later. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
I uninstalled it and downloaded it again. Still same issue says network unavailable try again later. 

Can you tell me what type of phone you have and what version of Android you're on?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, Brian Wilson said:


Can you tell me what type of phone you have and what version of Android you're on?

Google pixel 2 running Android 8.1.0

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 4/9/2018 at 9:37 PM, Brian Wilson said:

There was a bug in the code that loaded the main topic feed, however i put a fix for that bug up on Sunday.  Please check to see if this is still happening for you now. You may need to go into android settings > applications  and find the TT app and clear all data (or you can just uninstall/re-install to clear the data).

However, the issue that was causing this should be fixed now. It's fixed on my Nexus 5X test device, which isn't a "new" device by any means and that issue is now solved. Please give it a try and let me know.

 

I tried this too without success.  I am on an Android v 7.0.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
2 hours ago, Buttegal said:

I tried this too without success.  I am on an Android v 7.0.

He was p.m. me and said he just released a new version on the app store. Mine didn't work but you might give it a shot.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Yes. Please do. I'm really stumped on this one. I can't replicate the problem, so I'm not sure what to actually do to get it fixed until I can figure out how to replicate and report the issue to the app developers (Tapatalk).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Hey Brian,
I just updated my TT app and cleared my storage and cache and the TT app was able to start up. First time in a while.
Thanks for mentioning about clearing the storage.
= )

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
10 minutes ago, OldYelMXer said:

Hey Brian,
I just updated my TT app and cleared my storage and cache and the TT app was able to start up. First time in a while.
Thanks for mentioning about clearing the storage.
= )

Now I'm really extra stumped as to why that worked for you but didn't work for @kx450f06

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Not sure. I saw I had app updates and saw the TT app. In the list. After the update, it still errored with a network error about about config something. I bounced my Galaxy 5 but the app still errored. I went in to the app manager and found th TT app as you suggested. Had to dig to find that it was in the Storage tab and then had two choices to clear. I just cleared both storage and the cache and then the TT app was able to start up.

= )

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I finally got the app to work again on my phone.  I had almost given up.  After you did the update, I tried to uninstall and reinstall, but it still gave me the error.  I just tried it again and this time the app worked.  YAY!!!! I love the phone app.  I missed the followed content stream.  Only today did I discover how to get to it on the website ("Manage followed content" from my username pull-down menu.)  I couldn't even figure out how to get back to this thread.  Finally found it today.  Thanks for all your work on this forum  It is the best and I have thoroughly enjoyed my involvement on the forum.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

×