Engine Mount Torque Specs

After a few months of having my 96 DR350S in pieces I finally completed blasting and powder coating early this week. I put the engine in this evening and I was torquing down all of the mounting bolts and as you can see from the first picture two snapped. The two in question are bolts numbered 6 in the torque specs. The low end being 27, I had my wrench set to 25 and the first broke, I checked my wrench to make sure it was set properly and even reset my wrench and the second one broke as well. I thought maybe I mixed up the bolts labeled 6 aren't actually long enough to work in the 7 spot. Does anyone have the ability to confirm these specs before I buy two new bolts and break them as well?

IMG_20180406_211402.jpg

IMG_20180406_211410.jpg

So after taking an hour to take my mind off of this I thought about the parts list I had looked up and realized that the bolt on the parts list was an 8x70 mm for that mount. I went and measured my bolt and its 7x75 mm. I guess a previous owner probably broke or lost the original bolts and bought some cheap crap from the hardware store. I guess it's time to get some new hardware anyways.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 1996 DR350 T, it's the off road trail model with kick start only.   and i'm having trouble finding the correct torque for the front axle and axle block (that block with the 4-nuts that holds the RH side of the axle on),  any idea what the torque is supposed to be for the front axle on my bike (or your bike), it's pretty close to my model and same year.  I found the torque for a 94 350SE and it says 36-58 for the axle, but didn't list anything for the axle block (or axle 'lock') Just curious if you have any info about that, or if anyone else does. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, confederateJACK said:

I have a 1996 DR350 T, it's the off road trail model with kick start only.   and i'm having trouble finding the correct torque for the front axle and axle block (that block with the 4-nuts that holds the RH side of the axle on),  any idea what the torque is supposed to be for the front axle on my bike (or your bike), it's pretty close to my model and same year.  I found the torque for a 94 350SE and it says 36-58 for the axle, but didn't list anything for the axle block (or axle 'lock') Just curious if you have any info about that, or if anyone else does. Thanks. 

snug the top 2 on the block first with a 1/4" drive ratchet using only your fingers on the wrench.

then snug the bottom 2 the same way

• Like 1