TM 4 stroke Enduros? Any good?

13 hours ago, BCTM said:

I was referring to being as fast or faster as 3002t if you time your shift right.?

Yes it was clear to me. ;-)  I it is a fast bike. With perfekt match between small and bigger bikes.  Eero Remes was second in Spain to day i WEC E2 championship. Day 1 . 

8 hours ago, Klas Sweden said:

Yes it was clear to me. ;-)  I it is a fast bike. With perfekt match between small and bigger bikes.  Eero Remes was second in Spain to day i WEC E2 championship. Day 1 . 

Eero went for a quick dip just at the spot that Holcombe drowned out ... tricky, even for the best in the series.

I’ll have to disagree with it being as fast or faster than a 300 2stroke. My 250MX 2stroke definitely had it covered and a 300 2t should be faster yet.. The 300F is like a really, really fast 250F. A 300Mx 2stroke should eat it’s lunch. It filled the gap nicely between my 144 and 250 2strokes. It has enough power to run with the 250 but the 250 has more of it, there’s no mistaking it, but it’s a handful and the 300 is so easy to ride and go fast on.

At the MX track where I got hurt (actually the same jump I’m talking about) there is a 100’ tabletop-stepdown with a small table before it, and a tight right hander before that. I could barely clear it on my 144 under perfect conditions, if it were muddy I wouldn’t even try. The 300f I could barely clear it when conditions were muddy, it took some clutch, body english and seat bounce to not come up short, wide open. With the 250 2stroke I could overjump it easily if I hit it with the same vigor as the other bikes. I’d have to shut off on the face.

Edited by Camstyn

On 2018-04-27 at 10:17 AM, weantright said:

I was referring to being "on the pipe" for power like a 125cc. Otherwise why would he post "if you hit your shift points." It's a non-issue with any 4t I ridden even a 250. Longer stroke = nothing if your cam, timing and fuel is designed for mid to upper rpm range.

It’s not like a 125. It’s like a 250f with a lot more mid and top.

It's not faster than my TM300 2T but I beaten several times the competition's 300 two strokes in drag races up a 1/2 mile uphill on my 300fi?All bikes were enduro and not mx bikes. It's a fast 300 four stroke if ridden correctly. 

Awesome, congrats!

One tip for you, removing the rear shock is a real chore. If you need to change your spring rate don’t waste your time trying to get the shock out without dropping the linkage pull rods from the front, it won’t go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Camstyn said:

Awesome, congrats!

One tip for you, removing the rear shock is a real chore. If you need to change your spring rate don’t waste your time trying to get the shock out without dropping the linkage pull rods from the front, it won’t go.

Thanks, I'm not surprised, the rear shock is very close to the exhaust, injector etc not much clearance at all. I think I'm within the specs of the standard springs, around 13 stone in gear, not sure what that is in American lol 

Talked to a really nice guy in NY yesterday. He’s a TM dealer. I’m going to see what 2019 bring for the TM 300en 2t. Maybe FI or something. The 4T bike are $$ and because of their crazy tech, a rebuild might be $$ and I’m not sure about resale, but I’m going to buy a TM 300 2t next! Anyone want a mint 2018 Husqvarna TX 300? Lol!

6 hours ago, 1 lunger said:

Talked to a really nice guy in NY yesterday. He’s a TM dealer. I’m going to see what 2019 bring for the TM 300en 2t. Maybe FI or something. The 4T bike are $$ and because of their crazy tech, a rebuild might be $$ and I’m not sure about resale, but I’m going to buy a TM 300 2t next! Anyone want a mint 2018 Husqvarna TX 300? Lol!

The importer surveyed dealers, and if I understand the outcome correctly, the US will get the first 2019s in August. "Big bikes" aka 250/300 2T will be 6 speed, e-start, carbureted bikes. There is a new motor and other mods that are expected to contribute to meaningful weight loss as well.

• 1 month later...

the 300 will get an all new engine similar to the new 250 twin pipe , the en will get the new design 250 engine for 2019 like the mx bike , the engine engine with twin exhaust ports gear driven cams are another level the power is awesome and goes from idle to the limiter with no flat spots 

• Like 1