Engine wont run

More issues! LOL  So I picked up this 97 XR70 that was apart.  I put it back together, tried to run it but not having luck.  It does start but wont idle and hard to start when it dies.  I cleaned the carb yesterday, never seen so much gritty sludge in a float bowl in my life.  Cleaned that all out, had to run a super fine wire through the pilot jet as the blockage was like concrete.  Today I went to good ol China Hardware and got a $20 blast gun and I baking soda blasted the whole carb.  Looks new.  Blasted all the jets, then hot water rinse and reassemble.  It still wont run well.  I think the pilot jet is done.  Prob gonna order a new one tomorrow with some other misc parts.  The petcock is also leaking gas bad.  I took it apart and it has 2 o-rings on it.  I only see 1 in the parts fiche.  My guess is that the original was leaking and they put a larger one around it to try and seal it but failed.  Any one have any input on this?  I am also going to replace the fuel line as its dried and kinda kinked... might have blockage aswell.  Other than that.  Anything else on these bikes to look for?  The timing should be correct, i know the valve timing is correct.  has clean oil, spark plug looks ok......  I have worked on many Z50's and never had a hard time getting them to run right.  These engines are pretty simple.

You can buy new jets from HERE for that carb. Also, pick up a can of contact cleaner and use that to clean the jets and the inner passageways of the carb, and then use compressed air to blow them out. Make sure the foam air filter in the airbox is clean and properly oiled when you try to dial in the carb settings.

The o-ring part number for the petcock is 16997-467-000 from any Honda Dealer

put new o-ring on petcock, leak fixed.  Installed new pilot jet, still wont run.  pops alittle with choke on but wont start, choke off, engine fires, runs for a few seconds but I have to hold at about 1/4 throttle then it dies.  im sure its not a valve timing issue but I will check once more.  carb is full of gas............ is there an internal clog?