What trail shovel do you recommend?

19 minutes ago, Bryan Bosch said:

Bought one of these. Folds up really small and can be set 90 degrees to use as a hoe. 

20180413_164420.jpg

Nice choice, I love my Gerber products.

I have an original GI shovel with full wooden handle and a Coleman with the the dual fold triangle style handle. Like the GI handle better but the Coleman folds smaller.

If it were me I'd sharpen and even serrate one edge of the shovel. I've used mine to hack through smaller trees and branches on the trail. Can't take big full swings like a hatchet but it will work in a pinch. You can then wrap the shovel edge with some rubber hose to keep it from cutting your packwhen stowed.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 0:19 PM, Bryan Bosch said:

That's me! I'm a good friend. He was having a rough week, on almost no sleep, so I jumped in.

I really like rides like that.  No I in team the saying goes.  An experience shared is an experience gained. I think back to days when there were three or four in the team an no man left behind. Mostly we were on lighter bikes XR250's but the team effort was rewarding.  Well done ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, roleyrev said:

I really like rides like that.  No I in team the saying goes.  An experience shared is an experience gained. I think back to days when there were three or four in the team an no man left behind. Mostly we were on lighter bikes XR250's but the team effort was rewarding.  Well done ?

I do too. All part of the adventure!

• 3 years later...