2017 Yz250f valve shim size range

Is there a specific size range I should order instead of a whole kit? Also are they 10 mm in diameter? 

Thanks

The Yam 4 valve 250F use the larger shim (9.48 mm), and not the smaller shims as in the 5 valve heads.  Not sure what you'll find in your bike, but in my '15 WR250F, I had shims all about number 199.  If you have the time to tear it apart and then order what you need, you can buy the Pro X shims for $2 or so individually, and the Pro X shims come in .25 mm increments, not .50 mm like Hotcams.  Those "half size" shims really take the pain out of trying to get the clearance exactly how you want them.

• Like 1

Unless you have a bunch of bikes don't wast money on shim kits. Just swap em or buy from a dealer who sales them. I have been riding Yamahas for ever and they rarely need a shim swap in the first couple hundred hours.

• Like 1

For convenience I bought the kit.  So much less hassle and I can do the valve job so much faster without having to go get the shims after checking clearance. (And I don't have to worry about possibly not getting exactly what I need the first time)  I had to shim the exhaust valves after about 20 hours.