2016 430 RR running strong

Rebuilt top end and head

Factory ECU and factory TB settings

FMF PC 4.1 fully repacked

FMF-0 map installed

ARC clutch lever*

N2Dirt suspension, built off of BYOB 'Factory' upgrade 

Bike runs great now. Better than when new (power band, hanging idle, decel consistency, etc)

Still has slow(er) build of revs vs. a modern Jap fourstroke, and you have to meter out the throttle or you will 'get ahead' of the power band, below the mid rpms, but it works pretty good. Not quite as fast as a un-corked & re-mapped TE501 overall, but has a much faster pull in the mid range power band. 

I expect the Athena ECU parts anyday now, but I was just informed that the ECU only responds to the map switch, and the alternate maps with the Wifi/app option. You STILL have to buy their $500 BST software if you want to make correction in a specific rpm or thottle position.

* The ACR clutch lever made all the difference. Adjusted for full travel, neutral is easy to find. I adjust it in about 4mm for off road, for easier modulating.

IMG_0319.JPG.40610061e7ac26a90edb7d7f84ff2333.JPGIMG_0288.JPG.32b3c51cbebd2b00ba56fad1dd397cc5.JPG

• Like 8

That is some great news Kran.  Good to read you are back up and running and that the motor is even stronger/better than before.  

The hanging idle issue was from the shop that did not fully seat one of the intake coupling boots and the engine had been running lean/ingesting dirt for a while.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...