Cheapo mods, fixes, and accessories...

4 hours ago, mebgardner said:

OK, thanks!  I've got another question, just to be sure. You mentioned street cycles use, but, have you been in a get off on your dirt cycles (maybe this one, too), and it did not leak gas. Yes, it has to allow air flow, and so no vacuum lock (that's it's purpose), but it also has to close off when necessary. You did not mention that part, so I'm checking. And, Thanks for getting back to me ?

I drop regularly. Typically at less than 10 mph. I avoid the higher speed crashes after learning I heal less quickly than I used to.

No leaks I've noticed. I suspect the vent cap is acting more as a 2 way baffle than a check valve.

On the street bike I once lost the vent, and had gas leaking with a full tank, which is how I discovered the vent had fallen off. Had been on there years, I figured the hose hardened, cracked and let go.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flagstaff said:

I drop regularly. Typically at less than 10 mph. I avoid the higher speed crashes after learning I heal less quickly than I used to.

No leaks I've noticed. I suspect the vent cap is acting more as a 2 way baffle than a check valve.

On the street bike I once lost the vent, and had gas leaking with a full tank, which is how I discovered the vent had fallen off. Had been on there years, I figured the hose hardened, cracked and let go.

Thanks. I am thankful for your patience with me, and your kindness.

Thank You!

• Like 2