Clake one light clutch reviews

Hello everybody, my names surfer dude and I’m a clutch abuser.

I just move the perch down the bars so that when I use two fingers for extended clutch pulls on steep downhills, and while idling, the lever doesn’t squish my other fingers. But when I’m riding hard it’s usually just one finger on the clutch and brake.

The added benefit besides the extra leverage from running it this way, is that when I drop the bike there’s less chance of breakage.

That clake design looks like something I’d break pretty fast.

I like the stock levers. Don’t fix it if it ain’t broke.

57 minutes ago, surfer-dude said:

That clake design looks like something I’d break pretty fast.

I fall A LOT!  in very rocky terrain and have never had a problem with the OLC,   You must use good alum bark busters to protect it, but the lever is so flexible there are no worries.  when I got my new Husky I also purchased the MME lever and thought I'de shelve the OLC...no friggin way...LOVE the OLC!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, WoodsRacerDotCom said:

I fall A LOT!  in very rocky terrain and have never had a problem with the OLC,   You must use good alum bark busters to protect it, but the lever is so flexible there are no worries.  when I got my new Husky I also purchased the MME lever and thought I'de shelve the OLC...no friggin way...LOVE the OLC!

I agree you’d have a hard time breaking the lever!

Between the MME lever, higher engagement springs and the lighter Rekluse clutch springs, my clutch pull is 1/4 of what it was. Slightly more rpm is needed but overall the clutch action is just as good as before and less slippage on top end.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By hawaiidirtrider
      This looks intteresting.. not sure about how durable this thing is and what problems but the benefits I could use.. It looks a little funky though..maybe just have to get used to it..

• By Bill_B
      I'm looking at getting a Left Hand Rear Brake (LHRB) set up for my 2008 KTM EXCR 530. I'm starting to get into enduro riding and this past week end ride I focused on learning to do stand up wheelies I'm off to a good start. However, it was instantly apparent to me that trying to cover the rear brake was a very awkward and almost impossible task. Putting my boot on the peg in the arch of the foot feels totally retarded especially when standing, but necessary in order to cover the brake peddle. I always ride on the balls of my feet. So after a few wheelie tries I knew I want to get a LHRB. Also can't wait to try it in those steep and difficult down hills.
      I would love to just buy the Clake 2 but can't justify a grand right now for it I may get one at a later date.
      What type of LHRB do you have? Rekluse? Smoken? Clake? Or other? What do you like and what do you not like about it? Any input?
      Some things I'm wondering about this set up.
      How light is the pull pressure on yours? Is it a one finger pull?
      Can you operate the clutch and the rear brake at the same time? It looks like the mounting position of LHRB and clutch are very separated and spaced very far apart? Witch to me seams ridicules, seams to me the closer they are the better?. Like the Clake, both levers are on the same plane and sit right next to each other for very easy 1&2 finger access.
      When learing wheelies this week end I kept instinctively grabbing for the front brake to drop the front wheel, it was a natural to grab for it, never even thought about it was just muscle memory. To bad it dose not work. SO I wonder if any of these LHRBs can be mounted on the right side? Making it a RHRB?
    • By BushPig
      Hi all,
      Looking at a couple of LHRB options. Has anyone compared the Clake SLR (or any Clake?) to an OX brake? Looking at turning my bike into more of a mountain goat and I think one of these setups would be the icing on the cake for a few uses. (wheelies, hill stops/starts, bulldogging)
      Obviously the Clake looks like the premium product, and more ergonomic, but I am liking the simplicity of the OX setup, the clake also looks very bulky and I am betting I will have trouble fitting it on my bars. These will be used with my stock magura hydraulic manual clutch. A rekluse is not on the cards. I also will be retaining the foot brake.
      Clake:

OX: So simple.

• By oldfuddy
      First and foremost, congrats to all the podium finishes for 2016/2017 and enjoy the awards banquet in a few weeks, you all earned it.

Just as the title says... what 'cha doing to prep for the upcoming season? More exercise? Diet? New Bike? Mod's?

I'll start it off.... against my better judgment, and seeing I DNF'd the race in Globe and STILL haven't been able to ride from injury, and I didn't win any of the three 50+ C Class races I entered... I'm making the move to B 50+. This shoud be a riot! I'm gonna get my butt handed to me! Hahahahaha. At my age just finishing the race is a win and that's my goal.

I bought a toy hauler and will try to make each round (work providing).

Going to put my Scott's damper on my 500 as well. Figure it will work better on the bike than it does in my toolbox. Hahahahaha

Outside of that, going to try and get some early morning rides starting in a few weeks and practicing when I can locally around my house and be off the bike by late morning (heat). Gotta order up some yellow decals.

What say you fellow racers?

Lets hear what 'cha doing to get ready!

~fuddy

• By Max17
      I've been thinking about possibly getting a Clake One Light Clutch system or possibly a Clake Two.  On the purchase page of the Clake website there is a field for a coupon code but I haven't been able to find one via a Google search.  Does anyone here know of a coupon code that will work?  Thanks.