Ramps for lifted trucks?

I’m wondering what size/kind ramps people are using to get their bikes into their lifter trucks? Such as a 6in lifted f250/350. 10ft Folding ramps would be enough?

Actually a 6 or 7 ft. ramp would be enough.  Its all in your technique. ;)

So yes, 10 ft. would make it a piece of cake.

Obviously the longer the ramp the easier the loading would be. I’d buy the longest folding ramp you can that would still fit in the bed.

I don't understand the lifted truck thing. I use my bike to get out there in the rough stuff. Lifting seems to just introduce negatives.

2 hours ago, ring ding ding said:

I don't understand the lifted truck thing. I use my bike to get out there in the rough stuff. Lifting seems to just introduce negatives.

I could understand it better if the truck was a weekend wheeler as well, but the majority barely ever leave the pavement.

https://readyramp.com/

I have one for my lifted Tundra.  Doubles as a bed extender so that it accomplishes two additional things, 1. that it keeps stuff from flying out of your bed if you need to leave the tailgate down (like I do), and 2. part of the problem with having a long ramp is trying to find where to put it when everything is loaded up.

Dave

With YZ in garage.jpg

7’6” ramp for my 3500 Cummins. It’s kinda steep but get the jobs done with help of a stepping stool.
Tailgate height is 60” not lifted but stock.its a long bed and I can fit 5 bikes with gear problem but it definitely helps that the ramp folds in half.

Ditto on the ready ramp.  Its a little longer and serves a dual purpose

My truck is a 2012 F150 4x4.  Its not lifted, but it splenty high in the back, especially the front end on the down slope.   The rear sits way high.

Get two ramps.  One for the bike and one to walk next to it while you use the bikes motor to easily get it into the truck.    My second ramp is shorter and thus steeper than the readyramp.,   So I walk up the ready ramp and put my bike in 2nd gear and gently clutch it up the shorter steeper ramp.   just go real slow going up and its a total piece of cake.

10-foot ramp would work, but that seems excessive and unwieldy to haul around.

7.5ft Caliber Moto Ramp Pro works real well.  1200lb capacity, bi-fold to store and haul it.  Long enough for most tall pickups.  Wide enough to safely walk a moto/snowbike/adv.bike/whatever up into the truck.

http://www.caliberproductsinc.com/snowmobile-trailer-accessories/MotoRampPro.php

Can pull the bolts out of the middle and only use one half of the ramp, less ramp to haul around.  You can pull the bolts and use the two ramps for loading ATVs if you want. 

DSC06088_-L.jpg

DSC06092_-L.jpg

One bike goes in diagonally, ramp underneath.  Two bikes go in parallel, ramp between.

DSC06103_-L.jpg

Durable, quality ramp backed with a solid warranty from a Made-In-USA company.  Not the cheapest option out there but it'll perform well for many years.

DSC06125_-L.jpg

On 4/15/2018 at 11:30 AM, ring ding ding said:

Pavement princess vs. something that's built or designed for utility.  I'd rather take the moto too, but sometimes I gotta haul climbing gear and equipment to the tops of mountains.  A few more inches of ground clearance makes some of the access roads much easier. 

i-pSZnd2v-L.jpg

My PW's bed height is 38".

IMG_20180417_190347603-L.jpg

Just saw a pair of folding 10’ ramps at BassPro. Friend had similar pair and I’ve tried them on my lifted Chevy. Ramps fold up so they don’t take up much space. 

I use a pair of folding ~8' arched ramps. Walk up one and push-ride the bike up under power. 7" lift w/ 38"s on my F350. 

Washnwaxside.jpg

On 4/15/2018 at 11:48 PM, Four square T said:

7’6” ramp for my 3500 Cummins. It’s kinda steep but get the jobs done with help of a stepping stool.
Tailgate height is 60” not lifted but stock.its a long bed and I can fit 5 bikes with gear problem but it definitely helps that the ramp folds in half.

On 4/17/2018 at 6:47 PM, SnowMule said:

My PW's bed height is 38".

IMG_20180417_190347603-L.jpg

4 square had to mean 60" with the tailgate closed. 

These are 8ft long 2" by 6" with RampArts on the ends.  Orginally used for an older 4X4 Ford Ranger which was nice and low, worked great.  Now have a F350.

They work ok but not the best.  I would like both parts to be wider for the taller truck.  Still a little steep when walking up and the left flexes at bit (170lbs).

I'm always trying to find little hills or mounds at track to lessen the grade :thinking:

Ramp2.jpg

Ramp1.jpg

On 4/17/2018 at 6:00 PM, SnowMule said:

10-foot ramp would work, but that seems excessive and unwieldy to haul around.

7.5ft Caliber Moto Ramp Pro works real well.  1200lb capacity, bi-fold to store and haul it.  Long enough for most tall pickups.  Wide enough to safely walk a moto/snowbike/adv.bike/whatever up into the truck.

http://www.caliberproductsinc.com/snowmobile-trailer-accessories/MotoRampPro.php

Can pull the bolts out of the middle and only use one half of the ramp, less ramp to haul around.  You can pull the bolts and use the two ramps for loading ATVs if you want. 

DSC06088_-L.jpg

DSC06092_-L.jpg

One bike goes in diagonally, ramp underneath.  Two bikes go in parallel, ramp between.

DSC06103_-L.jpg

Durable, quality ramp backed with a solid warranty from a Made-In-USA company.  Not the cheapest option out there but it'll perform well for many years.

DSC06125_-L.jpg

Pavement princess vs. something that's built or designed for utility.  I'd rather take the moto too, but sometimes I gotta haul climbing gear and equipment to the tops of mountains.  A few more inches of ground clearance makes some of the access roads much easier. 

i-pSZnd2v-L.jpg

Those smaller suv's apparently did just fine. Hmmm. That MotoRamp is the best I've seen.

Edited by ring ding ding
On 5/21/2018 at 10:39 AM, ring ding ding said:

Those smaller suv's apparently did just fine. Hmmm. That MotoRamp is the best I've seen.

I was asked to go in case there was snow drifts on the road.  No camera on that tower, so couldn't pretrip it to see what the conditions were like.

There wasn't much snow up there at all.

Caliber makes great products, and stands behind it.  That Moto Ramp Pro is a real nice motorcycle ramp.