2018 300 rr front tire super tight

My front tire seems really tight to the rim on the stock tire and my new one. It is super hard to break the bead.It is the hardest to mont out of all the bikes I’ve ever had. Anyone else struggle with this

Lots of factors to affect this.  Try putting it out in the sun or warming it up first.  I've also noticed some tires are easier than others.  Use a little soapy water to get it to slide better. 

TR

Norm, I haven't experienced this on mine. Don't remember having a problem with the stock tire coming off, but have been running the M59 since replacing it. I do run the Tubliss system and that may have something to do with it. Usually change tires once or twice a season, as mentioned soapy water helps - I mix up a spray bottle of water and Dawn dishwashing soap and force the sidewall down and spray towards the bead, then just work my way around. Hope that is a help.

I had no trouble getting the Michelin endurocross-or whatever the OEM tire that came with my RR-S.  I have never had a problem getting any bead broken off the rim.  

Do you mean breaking the bead off the rim or getting the tire off the rim? Because not doing the first makes it much harder to do the 2nd.

I have a motion pro bead breaker https://www.motionpro.com/product/08-0519

It works nice but is generally unnecessary for tubed / dirt bike tires. A clamp or stepping on it does the trick if hard, but they usually just push down.

If you can't get the tire off the beads of the tire probably aren't in the drop center of the wheel. The only tires I've had bad luck with were old hard ones, like 10 plus years...

Do you mean breaking the bead off the rim or getting the tire off the rim? Because not doing the first makes it much harder to do the 2nd.

I have a motion pro bead breaker https://www.motionpro.com/product/08-0519
It works nice but is generally unnecessary for tubed / dirt bike tires. A clamp or stepping on it does the trick if hard, but they usually just push down.

If you can't get the tire off the beads of the tire probably aren't in the drop center of the wheel. The only tires I've had bad luck with were old hard ones, like 10 plus years...

Ya the bead is so tight to the wheel it will not push down into the drop center even with a clamp

58 minutes ago, Montana Norm said:

Ya the bead is so tight to the wheel it will not push down into the drop center even with a clamp

Hmmm I'm having that problem too.  Thought it was just the tires, shinko fatties, but just mounted a Goldentyre gt216aa fatty and had the same issue.  Front tires are usually a piece of cake.

Hmmm I'm having that problem too.  Thought it was just the tires, shinko fatties, but just mounted a Goldentyre gt216aa fatty and had the same issue.  Front tires are usually a piece of cake.

I know right. When I got the bike I dismounted the stockers for tubliss install and the front was a bear. I just figured it was the Michelin’s. Just got a shinko fatty and same misery. Seems like the wheel is a bit larger than normal
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Montana Norm said:

I know right. When I got the bike I dismounted the stockers for tubliss install and the front was a bear. I just figured it was the Michelin’s. Just got a shinko fatty and same misery. Seems like the wheel is a bit larger than normal

I know for certain the Shinko Fatty fronts are a bitch to mount.  I put one on last year and had a hell of a time, my buddy also put one on his Husky and he said the same thing.  I think GP tried one last year and also said it was a bitch. 

Ok maybe I just got unlucky and had two tires in a row that are hard to mount. I hope that’s the case