390RR-S with 18lbs of rear tire air

Yea 18 is alot and 11 seems to be low to me but all depends on what your running. Can you tell us what kind of tubes and tire? At 11lbs how hard and long where you pushing her? i find 15 to be good but would love to know if 11lbs was all day or were you just testing it on that one hill? thx

16 minutes ago, MJ1001 said:

Yea 18 is alot and 11 seems to be low to me but all depends on what your running. Can you tell us what kind of tubes and tire? At 11lbs how hard and long where you pushing her? i find 15 to be good but would love to know if 11lbs was all day or were you just testing it on that one hill? thx

11 is low? I run 3 - 5 psi with Tubliss.  I ran 3 all last year with an M5B.  Even before that using HD tubes I never ran over 9.  Traction would suck at 15 and would be bouncing off every rock and root.  I'm sure your circumstances are different but I honestly couldn't imagine 15 being good for anything other than the road.

Ok good to know. I dont have tubliss yet but do run HD tubes and brand new Maxxis Desert It on the back. Il go down to 11 and see how that is and maybe try lower when im close to base. Any lower and im scared of a flat. Desert, rocks, and hard pack here in Cali..Going tubliss on next tires changes. Thanks 

I run stock tubes and goldentyres, 33-36 f&r  on the street, 14r 14frt for high speed desert stuff about 11-12r and 13 frt in the slop.

Haven't had a flat all year, last trip out to barstow my group had 3 flats all with hd tubes.

I must be lucky....

next payday im going tubliss f&r along with a new 333

The video is not me, but of 4KRider on his 350.  He is used to running 15+ in the desert (former expert class/red bar racer).

With 4mm tubes I run 10/12 cold. 

With Tubliss I run 8/10 cold.

In the sand hills with tubeliss I run 5/10 cold.

On hardpack, running really low tire pressures means you contact area is constantly changing.....which for me is more difficult to manange than with a little bit more air.....and a more consistent contact area size.

Remember, the heavier you are, the more important the 'right' tire pressure is for getting a consistent feel. I am probably the tallest and heaviest guy here....so....

If he attacked the hill more aggressively and stood up adjusting his weight correctly he would have made it. Or that's what the video show me from the spot it was taken. PSI had little to do with not making it.