I'm not sure that the 2017 500 RR-S was the right bike for me . . .

. . . it was the absolute, right bike for me.  The 500 RR-S rocks.  I got to go on the first serious off road ride today and after a winter of snowbiking, getting back on the dirt, on the 2017 500 RR-S with 118 hours and 2,135 miles on it was phenomenal today.  Even after all the minutes and hours I had spent this past winter in 1-5' of powder, with the motor turning from 5,000-8,000 and up to 9,000 rpm, turning the track to make progress from 20-50 mph in the powder, granular or spring snow, then riding on either the street or dirt, took NOTHING out of the motor as the motor pulls as hard as it did even before this past snowbike season.  It is either that or the bike had started off with just way more power than I can ever use 89% of the time so that if 20-30% of the power has been lost then I'm not noticing it at all.  

There is always much online hand wringing over, "Is the 430, 390, or 350 the right RR/RR-S for me?"  2S 300 two stroke or 390 four stroke?  Which bike is best for this, that or the other trail?  

Who knows, some truly and really care, but just for when I get to ride, I have the perfect bike.  

478 cc's of Beta's four stroke motor just laying down power, and today I was in wet-mode all day as it was right around 30 degrees and flurrying/drizzling all day long with mud and slippery rocks and nice loose trail all day long.  The wet-map slows down the hit when putting along in 1st or 2nd gears but give the G2 quick turn throttle with the smooth and sweet Jimmy ball-bearing Twister a good turn and the power is unleashed and if one complains that the 500 RR-S is not enough for them then unless I can see that person and judge for myself how much of an off-road riding animal they are, then I'm that guy as I love all the power even though I can't use it all.  

I don't care about being able to go faster around a track or some timed event.  Racing and "beating my personal best" is not my fun.  I'm not interested in being able to "throw a bike around" as I already throw the 500 RR-S around because I own it and have been bonding with it over the past 2,000 miles and 118 hours.  A new, light, lithium battery would be nice to lighten the bike up just a tad up top, but I don't want a spare lead acid battery going bad from not being used so I'll wait but one of these days I'll just get it and save that extra weight.  

I did finally order the bigger kickstand foot so I can stop needing to find a stick or rock to keep the pool-cue kickstand from digging in every time I need to stop.  

Bikes are great when theyre going :ride::smashpc::banghead::D

5 minutes ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

Bikes are great when theyre going :ride::smashpc::banghead::D

So true.  Riding a dirtbike and the same bike with a snowbike kit on it is simply awesome.  

I had the best winter of my life on the snowbike this past winter, now I have this 2018 dirt season in front of me with a great first ride today, what a life.  

11 minutes ago, Ben500RR-S said:

So true.  Riding a dirtbike and the same bike with a snowbike kit on it is simply awesome.  

I had the best winter of my life on the snowbike this past winter, now I have this 2018 dirt season in front of me with a great first ride today, what a life.  

Does the snow affect maintenance intervals ?

as in - does the snow itself affect anything on the bike ? (salt etc)

I had changed the motor oil and clutch oil once this past winter.  I just wanted to see if the engine oil was increasing-it was not.  I replaced it with 0W-40.  

I did the same with the transmission oil so no, no difference in maintenance.  The bike did run from about 5,000-8,000 all the time in the snow but as it was just constant operation at like 6,000 to 7,000 rpm, I didn't think it was all that hard on the motor and is what motors are for.  

The only time there might have been salt is if it was from crossing a road where salt might have been used but thankfully we never had to cross asphalt roads, only dirt roads where no salts/street chemicals were used.  

When I put the wheels/swingarm/shock back on the bike, it was like my bike was not used at all as the snow is always just so nice and clean and soft.  

It is beautiful as all the bike needs to do is spin the countershaft sprocket to get the rear track to turn.  One ski on the front and one is off.  

The other awesome part is that the two carbides on the ski and the two outboard skags had just about no wear as did the plastic ski.  Snow and ice are just so much more forgiving when the bike is being used the right way.  

what's with the asking a question in the title and answering it yourself?