New Greenworks pressure washer, one of the best things I have ever . . .

. . . bought.  Some guys on TheHullTruth got the same 2,000 psi electric Greenworks pressure washer and liked it so for $179 or so on sale a few weeks ago, I finally bought my first pressure washer.  

I had been just using the hose with an all metal nozzle for all my life and for the life of me, don't know why I waited so long before finally buying a pressure washer but am glad I did.  Between using it on our two trucks the past few weeks, the new enclosed trailer, the dirtbikes/snowbike/snowmobile and then the boat once it gets up here, it is and works awesome.  I like the plug/juice/electric washer as it has all the power I need and it is a lot quieter plus, when I need to stop and take a break or do something, the unit shuts itself off.  I've been loving it for everything and while I know to be careful with both the electrics and the bearings and bushings, it takes less than 1/2 the time it used to take me to clean both the bike and the truck from all the muck.  

I'm glad that electric pressure washers both came down in price but that they have also gone up in real power and are not just weak wishing they were gas powered.  

3 minutes ago, Danceswithtrees said:

I bought my wife a Greenworks chainsaw and it seems to be built really well.  It sure cuts well and she can handle it unlike my gas saws. 

Electric and even cordless/lithium stuff has gotten so much better over the years.  I can't help but to think that as Greenworks stuff is sold in Lowe's, if they sold junk they would never make it.  

On 4/15/2018 at 8:57 PM, S.O.A.N.Z said:

Stuff works great when its new - still made in China

Hows parts availability ?

At $179 when it needs a part 3 years from now I throw it away and get a new one.

I bought a cheapy chinese gas pressure washer...1700 psi...Komyota or something like that and its 4 years old has been ran like a rented mule. Chinese is certainly cheaper stuff, but not all is 100% junk from day one.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, vwprostock said:

Chinese is certainly cheaper stuff, but not all is 100% junk from day one.

True that - if i do buy Chinese - i make sure i do my research first

My 18v cordless Milwaukee drill set is made in China - can't fault it

I got a gas pressure washer from Costco for use on the bike and other household chores.  Runs good.  Although, I stopped using it on the bike and went back to using the hose.  Pressure washers eat bearings.  I haven't had to replace one since I stopped using it, and it's been almost 2 years

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jpbova said:

I got a gas pressure washer from Costco for use on the bike and other household chores.  Runs good.  Although, I stopped using it on the bike and went back to using the hose.  Pressure washers eat bearings.  I haven't had to replace one since I stopped using it, and it's been almost 2 years

I hear  ya, I had never had a problem with bearings or seals just using the hose. 

i've been making sure to NOT blast the wheel bearings and swingarm linkage so I don't mess them up at all.  

• Like 1

Convenience is convenient.  When I had seen a thread on TheHullTruth-the boat guys, and many had mentioned the Greenworks 2000, because it works, is relatively cheap, and can be got at the local Lowes, the convenience of it being right there as well as the parts-and I'm about as worried about parts as I am about parts of the Beta, which is NOT at all as it is a pressure washer, about as reliable now as a washing machine or refrigerator.  

Kran, not a fan of the Kawasaki- green plastics.  I'm going to see if Polisport has an aftermarket kit for it in white.