Pivot Pegz all that? ... or not?

I saw in another post some glowing comments on https://www.pivotpegz.net/

Made me wonder: are they that terrific? or maybe not?

Reviews seem all glowing, but often times people who use stuff glow about it.

Anyone tried them and actually went back to non-pivoting pegs?

55 minutes ago, demogorgon said:

How will you know unless you try them? 

It can get pretty expensive "trying" every "terrific" thing. :D

• Like 3

I am a tall rider and have tried a couple of different pegs to lower them. When recently I saw a pair of pivot pegz being sold "used" I bought them to try those too. 

Now I have ridden them for a couple of hours and so far I like them. The difference to normal pegs is not very big to me, so it does not take long to get used to them although the first time you ride them will probably be a little weird. Normal riding, hillclimbs ect I actually feel no difference to normal pegs. The only thing where they stand out for me is in very tight trails with lots of flowing corners. There you can really feel the pegs moving and it feels a little bit like you have more agility in the bike. It's really fun!

Except from this pivoting thing, they a very well made and provide very good grip without being so point like some others are. You will have to replace the PTFE bushings at one point probably, but mine are used (80h) and still very good.

Bike pedals follow your feet right?

Why shouldn't motorcycle pegs?

I've been on them 8 years, don't think about them.

When I ride someone else's bike which 99.9% of the time doesn't have pivot pegs. I feel less contact with the pegs, and harder to shift with big Ol feet.

When braking or shifting without them you feel your boots teetering on the edge of the peg, same with hanging off the back.

With them things just feel more natural, your never on the edge of the peg, just always stuck on your boot.

Will equip all future bikes with them.

Like previously stated, well made, and even without the pivot, the peg would be an upgrade over stock.

Bicycle pedals follow your feet right?

Why shouldn't motorcycle pegs?

I've been on them 8 years, don't think about them.

When I ride someone else's bike which 99.9% of the time doesn't have pivot pegs. I feel less contact with the pegs, and harder to shift with big Ol feet.

When braking or shifting without them you feel your boots teetering on the edge of the peg, same with hanging off the back.

With them things just feel more natural, your never on the edge of the peg, just always stuck on your boot.

Will equip all future bikes with them.

Like previously stated, well made, and even without the pivot, the peg would be an upgrade over stock.

7 hours ago, Flagstaff said:

It can get pretty expensive "trying" every "terrific" thing. :D

That is true! Ask me how I know. 

• Like 1

There not cheap but a buddy gave me a pair a few years ago and I immediately liked them for where/how I ride and would look at putting them on future bikes.

As well, you do need to disassemble and lube and replace O-rings as need occasionally but I still really like them. Also wide platform and you can flip the mounts left side to ride side to lower them if needed.

Funny enough I just posted this another topic yesterday :)

imageproxy_php.jpg.2b6ec94309f485e8e42d09e494f7c159.jpg

Was going to order a rebuild kit but got the o-rings at an industrial supply shop for like $2.

Edited by filterx

I have a certain amount of ankle issues from years of riding db and mtb. PP really help with this and I run on all my bikes. G

• Like 1

I"ve got a set on my current bike, and like them. Not sure if I HAVE to have them on every bike going forward.

For negatives ;

Seems like they want to loft you off the pegs when you catch some air.

I’ve accidentally downshifted a bunch whilst standing wheelie.

I get into the backseat or at least it feels that way more on steep hills.

3 hours ago, kxlubber said:

For negatives ;

Seems like they want to loft you off the pegs when you catch some air.

I’ve accidentally downshifted a bunch whilst standing wheelie.

I get into the backseat or at least it feels that way more on steep hills.

Never noticed that at all?

Your feet are probably too far forwards.  Im size 12 and I dont have this problem.  You dont have sz 12+ and have stupid bootie liner boots do you?

What?

Edited by EnglertRacing
  • Like 1

Never noticed that at all?
Your feet are probably too far forwards.  Im size 12 and I dont have this problem.  You dont have sz 12+ and have stupid bootie liner boots do you?
What?

They probably are. So far I’ve only ridden 400mi on them.

I tried Pivot Pegz and hated them. I know the idea is that your foot stays more connected to the peg, but for me it felt the exact opposite. Because they pivoted, I lost some feeling of what the bike was doing under me. I like knowing how much traction I have, etc. (don't we all?) and the Pivot Pegs numbed that feeling for me. Furthermore, I felt a lot more unstable standing up, so as soon as my knee gripping went below what it should be, I would get extra arm strain.