Austin915

supercross
Jason Anderson

62 posts in this topic

What did he do wrong? He was off course awhile but returned to the safest place and lost positions... What did he do wrong? Anyone hear or have an idea???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure one of the MX sites will try to explain it. The AMA probably doesn't even have a good explanation 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MANIAC998 said:

The AMA wanted to take the Triple Crown Championship away from a Rockstar rider and give it to a Monster Energy rider.

 

 

So they took a point away from JA21.

Most likely reason I've came up with. If they can't give a good reason that matches their rule book it needs to be given back to him....but that won't happen

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He lost a point because Tomac and Monster Energy are cheaters. 

Edited by KTMRider4Life
7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a bunch of bullshit. The AMA/FIM &%$#@!ed the dog on that call. Put an asterisk on Tomacs Tripple Crown win.

Edit.... Just watched it again. JA could have indeed come back on the track right where he went off. At first I thought it was unsafe but now I see there was really nobody there yet he decided to bypass the entire length of rythem section on that side of the stadium. I suppose to keep from losing too much time to the leaders.

Crown earned by Tomac, I'll eat my crow now.

Edited by Mongo134
8 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

He lost a point because Tomac and Monster Energy are cheaters. 

There it is! :lol: 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seem to remember a green bike with the #2 on it always getting away with it...

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mongo134 said:

What a bunch of bullshit. The AMA/FIM &%$#@!ed the dog on that call. Put an asterisk on Tomacs Tripple Crown win.

Edit.... Just watched it again. JA could have indeed come back on the track right where he went off. At first I thought it was unsafe but now I see there was really nobody there yet he decided to bypass the entire length of rythem section on that side of the stadium. I suppose to keep from losing too much time to the leaders.

Crown earned by Tomac, I'll eat my crow now.

Didn't he lose several places when he came back on the track?  Evens it out in my mind.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

Didn't he lose several places when he came back on the track?  Evens it out in my mind.

The places he did loose, he got back on the track right on the last guys rear tire. That wouldn't have been the case had he gotten back on and had to do the rythem section as he should have. All it did was make passing them back that much quicker. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Benhameen said:

I’ll have to watch it again but was it a “safe” place to reenter the track?

Go to the 1:50 mark and watch. After contact, Brayton had to roll the first two jumps into the rythem then get back on the gas. Anybody who was near was taking the inside line. Anderson could have gotten back on in the outside right where he went off and rolled the first two just like Brayton had too. Instead he decided to run down the entire length of the stadium to get back on. Obvious penalty in my eyes now. He should have known better. 

 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mongo134 said:

Go to the 1:50 mark and watch. After contact, Brayton had to roll the first two jumps into the rythem then get back on the gas. Anybody who was near was taking the inside line. Anderson could have gotten back on in the outside right where he went off and rolled the first two just like Brayton had too. Instead he decided to run down the entire length of the stadium to get back on. Obvious penalty in my eyes now. He should have known better. 

 

@KTMRider4Life...care to add a rebuttal?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

@KTMRider4Life...care to add a rebuttal?

I don't remember that part of him riding down the side in the live broadcast. Nobody saw that. This is a different angle or video I don't remember seeing until this video today. Unless Husqvarna see's something I don't, I imagine they would have filed a grievance by now with the FIM/AMA. Obviously they agree with it.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don't remember that part of him riding down the side in the live broadcast. Nobody saw that. This is a different angle or video I don't remember seeing until this video today. Unless Husqvarna see's something I don't, I imagine they would have filed a grievance by now with the FIM/AMA. Obviously they agree with it.
I saw it, it was on the original broadcast.
4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, HeavyRotation said:
14 minutes ago, Mongo134 said:
I don't remember that part of him riding down the side in the live broadcast. Nobody saw that. This is a different angle or video I don't remember seeing until this video today. Unless Husqvarna see's something I don't, I imagine they would have filed a grievance by now with the FIM/AMA. Obviously they agree with it.

I saw it, it was on the original broadcast.

Must have been a replay after the main. I only watched the races themselves late Sunday.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO, getting back onto the track in the middle of a rhythm section where you can't see over the jumps or if anyone is coming would have been dangerous.  I think JA did the right thing.   

10 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, yzernie said:

IMO, getting back onto the track in the middle of a rhythm section where you can't see over the jumps or if anyone is coming would have been dangerous.  I think JA did the right thing.   

In the middle yes but that's not where he went off the track

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with: