Jason Anderson

Lets be honest, he was penalized because he has the wrong energy drink sponsor.

Are we taking bets on how many times Eli is going to run into Jason next week??

His number plate says it all = 3 times.

• Like 1

Money buys results and it certainly buys championships. There's plenty of past evidence of AMA officials corrupt decisions. If everyone that got on a message board would take the time to write the AMA and register a complaint it could change things. The sad truth is that AMA officials do not operate via the rule book. 

• Like 1

I think they made the call as Jason rode off the track voluntarily instead of turning his bike 45 degrees on continuing on. 

Right or wrong, there is no conspiracy, the AMA is just not smart enough to interpret the rules week to week consistently.

• Like 4

JA21 was shafted.

1Earlier in the night Muscain blew the corner into the anemic sand section. He decided to continue off track and reenter at the next corner after the sand. He even made up time on the bike in front of him. No penalty, no question. Perfect view and no tuff blocks to avoid. Why didn't he have to stop and enter where he went off.

AMA and FIM must have received a complaint about JA21 for them to act.  I'm putting this one on the sore looser kawi guys.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, M1Garand said:

I think they made the call as Jason rode off the track voluntarily instead of turning his bike 45 degrees on continuing on. 

Right or wrong, there is no conspiracy, the AMA is just not smart enough to interpret the rules week to week consistently.

I think I've only seen AMA and smart in the same sentence when AMA means the American Medical Association.  ?

• Like 4

The rule is that a rider may not get an advantage by riding off the track. It's not about positions gained or lost or  who's what sponsor or anything else.The bottom line is he gained advantage on Baggett (who he passed right after that section) by going around it. A factor in the decision may be that Anderson rode off the track,he wasn't knocked off. Just my opinion, but I wonder if he decided to take the short cut rather then do the section having lost his momentum.

While I doubt some things the AMA does, in this case it seems like a good call.IMHO, Anderson made a bad decision,or just had a flaky moment.

Edited by drtbkjoe

4 hours ago, Ndrorder said:

JA21 was shafted.

1Earlier in the night Muscain blew the corner into the anemic sand section. He decided to continue off track and reenter at the next corner after the sand. He even made up time on the bike in front of him. No penalty, no question. Perfect view and no tuff blocks to avoid. Why didn't he have to stop and enter where he went off.

AMA and FIM must have received a complaint about JA21 for them to act.  I'm putting this one on the sore looser kawi guys.

Kawi/Monster that's where the  blame lays.  If anyone thinks Tomac would've been penalized for the same they're liars. Or at best they never saw the same things RV  did.  And no I didn't blame as me RV or say he should have been penalized.  Set a precedent and go with that.  But giving RV  pass and docking Anderson is BS and they know it. 

2 hours ago, Budlite said:

a racing incident did NOT result in him being off the track, he rode off the track, bypassed obstacles, and then came back on........I'm surprised that he wasn't black flagged

Dumbest post in pro tt all year.   CONGRATS!  

You should win a free helmet because you need it..  

• Like 1

I'm sorry, I guess I'm just *Old* (56), but I remember when there was No such thing as "Supercross"-The  L.A. Coliseum and the "Peristyle" Jump were exciting, legendary and a game-changer. Everything in a stadium since then is about as gimmicky as "Freestyle" MX . Sadly it's more about profit than the purity of the sport, born in the natural terrain of outdoor events, but I can't get excited about a generic folded-up fake track with stupidly short straights and stunt show "jumps" that have the motorcycle in the air almost as much as on the ground...I'm not saying the guys riding aren't exceptional, just that I don't get exited watching StadiumCross.

When I first began riding Roger DeCoster was the master of smooth, no drama millimeter perfect riding on the early Suzuki Rm370 or whatever they ran in the 500cc Class Heikki Mikkola was equally fast, but rode full sideways at every corner, and if he appeared to lack finesse, He made up for it with brute strength and physical endurance...I could list a hundred other names of riders that did amazing things on primitive (by today's standards) equipment, but I guess this post is an attempt to expose a few receptive younger riders to a historically formative era. But I'll probably just come across as a grumpy old dinosaur-which is OK too-we had a cold front come through today, so Flame Away if I come off as offensive, snobbish, whatever, ?  the heat will be welcomed!

Unadilla was a half day away back then and an annual "Must attend" event; Back then Bob Hanna was "Super Human"- I remember He refused to ride a poor handling works Yamaha 250 in Florida (Daytona If I remember right), and instead put Rock Stiff springs on a dead stock yz250d (or e I think), and Then proceeded to win BOTH 45 minute Motos! 

I saw Danny "Magoo" Chandler(R.I.P.) Devastate everyone at Unadilla on a Stone age Maico 490 (Anyone remember when Fox Air Shocks were the Cat's 'meow'?) -He was so far ahead every lap that he would STOP at the top of the steep uphill before the front straight, Then WAIT(!)... and Then proceed to look back while holding the front brake and blasting a deluge of rocks and dirt down the entire 3oo or so yards of uphill as the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc., riders attempted to avoid the Meteor Shower! (Reportedly Maico management was NOT at all Pleased! But the Crowd sure was!). There is a video with DeCoster and Lackey commenting that Magoo showed up at the gate in Carlsbad(I think) with NO Chest Protector! They thought he just forgot, but he said, "I don't need it, I'll get the hole-shot"(He did). The next year Chandler was riding for Honda. There's actually a youtube vid of him winning in 1982 on a Honda at Carlsbad. It was the ABC Precursor to SuperMoto- the short-lived "SuperBikers" TV creation that had AMA sanctioning and so you had 500cc MX/Supermoto bikes racing head to head with Harleys...smh.  

And Unadilla was WAY COOL, But it had some unwritten, rules, *Like* You Never drove there in a "Nice" (i.e. new/exotic car or truck)-AND You Never parked in a "Low spot"-Especially in a "Nice" ride. One plus was lots of Pretty girls, who usually responded with a smile and more;) like typically when Asked to "Show us your T***s!. Try *That* Today!

Spectators on the back part of the track could see most of the course (binoculars helped), and the layout separated the "inside" and "outside" spectator areas in such a way that you had to walk a long way to get to the "OTHER" side. Which incidentally inspired customary 'Between moto' activities which were largely harmless. A perennial classic was the opposing crowds chanting: "The Other Sucks!" (I know-Lame by today's standards, but nobody got shot either). Another "fun" activity-besides "girl watching" and fireworks, was launching water balloons from a 3 person "Human framed" slingshot made from a Large funnel (to hold the balloon), And a pair of several foot long lengths of surgical tubing attached to the funnel and held over the shoulders of the trajectory team. I can only guesstimate, but those Balloons-usually 6 or 8 inches in diameter at times- would fly from the far back hill all the way to the front straight when sent at the optimal trajectory! We got there early enough one year, and had a ~16ft. scaffold assembled and anchored in the back of our pickup, That we got THE highest spot on the back hill! (Spectators paid with some beer or a "lefty" to watch from the Lower (8ft.) level, While The "Penthouse", at 16ft above the truck bed, was ours (With Coolers, Grill and "Borrowed" Beach Umbrellas  there were 5 or 6 of us). I remember we were smart enough to fasten some 2x6 vertical planks to the sides in case of Tequila Napping!

Then, in between Motos, the Balloon Mortar crew approached us, and  "bought" some "Penthouse" footage with inebriates, And with a plan! They proceeded to launch balloons at a very steep upward angle, and if I remember correctly, they got 4 or 5 in the air before the first landed! Needless to say, the "victims" ( they kept most balloons at about 6" or so-presumably for better distance and perhaps less risk of injury from a direct hit) were still at least 500-1000ft. away, and had No clue as to where the launch site was!

And then there was the inevitable idiot behavior, like burning the 1920's style outhouse's to the ground after the races were over- and also some moron parking his Brand New Porsche in a Low spot-A spot, BTW, where he couldn't even see any of the track-And THEN he stood guard on his New ride the Entire weekend!, Spewing threats and profanity at anyone-(most of whom were inebriated)-Who *Dared* to walk(stumble?) within 5 feet or so of his "Precious"! (Mind you, most surrounding vehicles were well used trucks, and if you stood on the bedsides or higher-and many were lifted-you could get a clear view of the track). Well this clown was about 100ft. down from us, and when we saw a crowd gather and nearby vehicles "move" a safe distance away, We knew what was next. That sort of thing gradually took the fun out of the Non-Race part of the weekend, but in case you hadn't guessed, that "New" car went up in smoke.

Anyway, natural terrain always seemed to be a better test of rider talent and endurance -when was the last time you saw a 45min moto, +2laps? Not in a stadium as far as I know. Nothing like seeing factory 500's wide open for 15 or 20 seconds in top gear fighting for best of 3 or 4 "Natural" berms on the next corner!

As good as Unadilla has been One event is still WAY more memorable, Somehow, by pure happenstance, our family took a month long vacation in Europe in 1982, and Magically(!)- we (my Brother and I) saw a poster in store window in Ettelbruck  Luxemburg the weekend of the World MX GP Championship! We had no clue beforehand-it was pure coincidental dumb luck! Heading out of town to the "Track" (A crudely bulldozed path through some steep hills and and some ribbon-ed off fields) We encountered 2 or 3 conscripts walking in the opposite direction of a massive crowd, Trying to stop as many/all? pedestrians in order to extract some random amount of currency-and after apparently running out of "tickets"! Ha! (we walked in circles a few times until they focused on many others passing through unimpeded!). Event  Crowd control was non-existent, and as the vid mentions, a D-bag spectator whacked Graham Noyce on the throttle hand with a ~2inch diameter stick. I actually saw it. They were throwing rocks and bottles as well. Crowd control was on par with Pro Rally Group B of the era, I.e., stand on the track until the last second, then scurry to the side to avoid being the "Bug" on the windshield. Also not mentioned in the vid, but consistent with Brad's confidence was that in the 2nd Moto Brad had a different set of leathers that said "Good As Gold" across the A$$!  The vid isn't the best quality, but the story is bang on. Great Memory!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Dumbest post in pro tt all year.   CONGRATS!  

You should win a free helmet because you need it..  

thank you , thank you very much....when are you sending me the helmet ? On second thought maybe you should keep it as you obviously have crashed a few too many times without one which explains why you're the biggest douchebag moron on this site

21 hours ago, KableXL said:

SO, why did the AMA not slap Dungey with a position- skip to 1:15.  Anderson loses 3-4 places, and Dungey loses NONE by avoiding the woops?                                                                                This is a precedent, your HONOR!

Not even close to the same scenario

• Like 1

On 4/16/2018 at 10:13 AM, Mongo134 said:

What a bunch of bullshit. The AMA/FIM &%$#@!ed the dog on that call. Put an asterisk on Tomacs Tripple Crown win.

Edit.... Just watched it again. JA could have indeed come back on the track right where he went off. At first I thought it was unsafe but now I see there was really nobody there yet he decided to bypass the entire length of rythem section on that side of the stadium. I suppose to keep from losing too much time to the leaders.

Crown earned by Tomac, I'll eat my crow now.

I agree 100% he definitely could have entered were he came off and he was on the gas off the track just like Dungey in vegas last year but of course nothing happened to him we have hell of rules in supercross.im supprised he got it so bad with him riding for Husky and Roger Decoster is ktm manager and has a lot of pull in sx.btw i am a big J.A. fan

Edited by kyleh102
Further thoughts

14 hours ago, TreeKing said:

I'm sorry, I guess I'm just *Old* (56), but I remember when there was No such thing as "Supercross"-The  L.A. Coliseum and the "Peristyle" Jump were exciting, legendary and a game-changer. Everything in a stadium since then is about as gimmicky as "Freestyle" MX . Sadly it's more about profit than the purity of the sport, born in the natural terrain of outdoor events, but I can't get excited about a generic folded-up fake track with stupidly short straights and stunt show "jumps" that have the motorcycle in the air almost as much as on the ground...I'm not saying the guys riding aren't exceptional, just that I don't get exited watching StadiumCross.

When I first began riding Roger DeCoster was the master of smooth, no drama millimeter perfect riding on the early Suzuki Rm370 or whatever they ran in the 500cc Class Heikki Mikkola was equally fast, but rode full sideways at every corner, and if he appeared to lack finesse, He made up for it with brute strength and physical endurance...I could list a hundred other names of riders that did amazing things on primitive (by today's standards) equipment, but I guess this post is an attempt to expose a few receptive younger riders to a historically formative era. But I'll probably just come across as a grumpy old dinosaur-which is OK too-we had a cold front come through today, so Flame Away if I come off as offensive, snobbish, whatever, :)  the heat will be welcomed!

Unadilla was a half day away back then and an annual "Must attend" event; Back then Bob Hanna was "Super Human"- I remember He refused to ride a poor handling works Yamaha 250 in Florida (Daytona If I remember right), and instead put Rock Stiff springs on a dead stock yz250d (or e I think), and Then proceeded to win BOTH 45 minute Motos! 

I saw Danny "Magoo" Chandler(R.I.P.) Devastate everyone at Unadilla on a Stone age Maico 490 (Anyone remember when Fox Air Shocks were the Cat's 'meow'?) -He was so far ahead every lap that he would STOP at the top of the steep uphill before the front straight, Then WAIT(!)... and Then proceed to look back while holding the front brake and blasting a deluge of rocks and dirt down the entire 3oo or so yards of uphill as the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc., riders attempted to avoid the Meteor Shower! (Reportedly Maico management was NOT at all Pleased! But the Crowd sure was!). There is a video with DeCoster and Lackey commenting that Magoo showed up at the gate in Carlsbad(I think) with NO Chest Protector! They thought he just forgot, but he said, "I don't need it, I'll get the hole-shot"(He did). The next year Chandler was riding for Honda. There's actually a youtube vid of him winning in 1982 on a Honda at Carlsbad. It was the ABC Precursor to SuperMoto- the short-lived "SuperBikers" TV creation that had AMA sanctioning and so you had 500cc MX/Supermoto bikes racing head to head with Harleys...smh.  

And Unadilla was WAY COOL, But it had some unwritten, rules, *Like* You Never drove there in a "Nice" (i.e. new/exotic car or truck)-AND You Never parked in a "Low spot"-Especially in a "Nice" ride. One plus was lots of Pretty girls, who usually responded with a smile and more;) like typically when Asked to "Show us your T***s!. Try *That* Today!

Spectators on the back part of the track could see most of the course (binoculars helped), and the layout separated the "inside" and "outside" spectator areas in such a way that you had to walk a long way to get to the "OTHER" side. Which incidentally inspired customary 'Between moto' activities which were largely harmless. A perennial classic was the opposing crowds chanting: "The Other Sucks!" (I know-Lame by today's standards, but nobody got shot either). Another "fun" activity-besides "girl watching" and fireworks, was launching water balloons from a 3 person "Human framed" slingshot made from a Large funnel (to hold the balloon), And a pair of several foot long lengths of surgical tubing attached to the funnel and held over the shoulders of the trajectory team. I can only guesstimate, but those Balloons-usually 6 or 8 inches in diameter at times- would fly from the far back hill all the way to the front straight when sent at the optimal trajectory! We got there early enough one year, and had a ~16ft. scaffold assembled and anchored in the back of our pickup, That we got THE highest spot on the back hill! (Spectators paid with some beer or a "lefty" to watch from the Lower (8ft.) level, While The "Penthouse", at 16ft above the truck bed, was ours (With Coolers, Grill and "Borrowed" Beach Umbrellas  there were 5 or 6 of us). I remember we were smart enough to fasten some 2x6 vertical planks to the sides in case of Tequila Napping!

Then, in between Motos, the Balloon Mortar crew approached us, and  "bought" some "Penthouse" footage with inebriates, And with a plan! They proceeded to launch balloons at a very steep upward angle, and if I remember correctly, they got 4 or 5 in the air before the first landed! Needless to say, the "victims" ( they kept most balloons at about 6" or so-presumably for better distance and perhaps less risk of injury from a direct hit) were still at least 500-1000ft. away, and had No clue as to where the launch site was!

And then there was the inevitable idiot behavior, like burning the 1920's style outhouse's to the ground after the races were over- and also some moron parking his Brand New Porsche in a Low spot-A spot, BTW, where he couldn't even see any of the track-And THEN he stood guard on his New ride the Entire weekend!, Spewing threats and profanity at anyone-(most of whom were inebriated)-Who *Dared* to walk(stumble?) within 5 feet or so of his "Precious"! (Mind you, most surrounding vehicles were well used trucks, and if you stood on the bedsides or higher-and many were lifted-you could get a clear view of the track). Well this clown was about 100ft. down from us, and when we saw a crowd gather and nearby vehicles "move" a safe distance away, We knew what was next. That sort of thing gradually took the fun out of the Non-Race part of the weekend, but in case you hadn't guessed, that "New" car went up in smoke.

Anyway, natural terrain always seemed to be a better test of rider talent and endurance -when was the last time you saw a 45min moto, +2laps? Not in a stadium as far as I know. Nothing like seeing factory 500's wide open for 15 or 20 seconds in top gear fighting for best of 3 or 4 "Natural" berms on the next corner!

As good as Unadilla has been One event is still WAY more memorable, Somehow, by pure happenstance, our family took a month long vacation in Europe in 1982, and Magically(!)- we (my Brother and I) saw a poster in store window in Ettelbruck  Luxemburg the weekend of the World MX GP Championship! We had no clue beforehand-it was pure coincidental dumb luck! Heading out of town to the "Track" (A crudely bulldozed path through some steep hills and and some ribbon-ed off fields) We encountered 2 or 3 conscripts walking in the opposite direction of a massive crowd, Trying to stop as many/all? pedestrians in order to extract some random amount of currency-and after apparently running out of "tickets"! Ha! (we walked in circles a few times until they focused on many others passing through unimpeded!). Event  Crowd control was non-existent, and as the vid mentions, a D-bag spectator whacked Graham Noyce on the throttle hand with a ~2inch diameter stick. I actually saw it. They were throwing rocks and bottles as well. Crowd control was on par with Pro Rally Group B of the era, I.e., stand on the track until the last second, then scurry to the side to avoid being the "Bug" on the windshield. Also not mentioned in the vid, but consistent with Brad's confidence was that in the 2nd Moto Brad had a different set of leathers that said "Good As Gold" across the A$$!  The vid isn't the best quality, but the story is bang on. Great Memory!

Hey back it up, start from the beginning and reallllllllly stretch it out this time.

• Like 2