elasio

Clutch master and slave rebuild - Need advice

3 posts in this topic

Hi,
I stupidly assumed the clutch line takes mineral oil, and I flushed the system with it instead of DOT brake fluid. Went for a a couple of rides and now the clutch has no pressure and the master cylinder rubber inner cap is all deformed.
It appears that the mineral oil ate up the seals. 

Anyone knows where to get just those seals? without needing to buy the entire rebuild kit? 

Any advice on rebuilding is also highly appreciated. 
Thanks

16 hours ago, elasio said:

Hi,
I stupidly assumed the clutch line takes mineral oil, and I flushed the system with it instead of DOT brake fluid. Went for a a couple of rides and now the clutch has no pressure and the master cylinder rubber inner cap is all deformed.
It appears that the mineral oil ate up the seals. 

Anyone knows where to get just those seals? without needing to buy the entire rebuild kit? 

Any advice on rebuilding is also highly appreciated. 
Thanks

I looked for them, and could not find them when I rebuilt my slave.  I couldn't even find the rebuild kit anywhere.  Called my dealer, and they got a rebuild kit for me for $30.  I was tired of looking.

Did you bleed the the slave before hooking it up, also you need to let the lever flick back really hard after you get it hooked up to the line. Fill the slave, push it in, let it out slowly while pouring on fluid, repeat till all the air is out of the slave, then hook it up to the line. Again let that son o a bitch fly outward between pumps.