Weezer the Geezer

"OVER THE HILL" (and seasoned) TRAIL RIDERS exchange

599 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Some of us "older" trail riders decided we wanted a thread dedicated to our passion.  "Over the hill" came to mind, which according to the Urban dictionary, means 40 and older.  It also describes a lot of what we do.  I also inserted the word "seasoned". which in the English Dictionary indicates, "Having a lot of experience of doing something and therefore knowing how to do it well."  LOL, those words describe us very well!!  Our idea is to have a thread related to trail riding only.  Several of us are not into the dirt racing scene.  We want the discussion to be at least loosely related to trail riding, trail bikes, etc.  NOT a general chat room about everyday happenings.  We ask that there be no religious or political discussion, and the exchange of information should be respectful. and somewhat family oriented.  We want to feel comfortable letting our kids and grand kids read the posts.

We especially welcome reports, pictures and videos of rides in different areas.  A group of us met for a week long ride in Moab, Utah last week from Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado and Montana. It was a great group, and I will ask them to submit their info to get the thread started.  My new camera broke on me, so some of the few picts I got were of poor quality. 

LET THE POSTING BEGIN!

I didn't get any photos of the riding, but did get a half decent picture of Mary, Curt and David doing a delicious cook out for us.  And CC and Jonah getting ready to ride.

DSCN0012.JPG

DSCN0009.JPG

Edited by Weezer the Geezer
18 people like this

I might add that if you are interested in videos mainly of riding in Colorado and Utah, we have a friend that has several excellent videos on YouTube.  See, ADV-dmac.

6 people like this

The average on the Moab ride was probably around 60.  One 16 year old, a couple in mid 40s, and on up to 76. 

8 people like this

Oh boy, here we go again.Nah just kidding.

We need more pics from the trip.

And I will second that ADV-dmac does great videos.

3 people like this

I think Pat 22043 needs to check us out. 

99KLR. Those are some great pics. Thank you

Jim. Thank you for your pics also. 

Jonah and I had a great time. Thanks to the watching over of the Stanley’s and family. We were talking about the ride next year this evening. Man, now that’s a long time to wait.

4 people like this

Wow awesome terrain - great Trials bike training area

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, pat22043 said:

40? Nobody I ride with is that young. The oldest is 82, the average is above 65.

1 hour ago, Weezer the Geezer said:

The average on the Moab ride was probably around 60.  One 16 year old, a couple in mid 40s, and on up to 76. 

:excuseme:

I'm 59 and mostly ride alone, exploring and such.

When I do ride with others they're usually 15-25 years younger.

'cause, you know, geezers... :D

4 people like this

1 hour ago, Weezer the Geezer said:

One 16 year old, a couple in mid 40s, and on up to 76.

It's good to have at least one youngin along to do the dirty work that we older folks can't do easily anymore because of our aching back and knees!

4 people like this

12 hours ago, 99klr250 said:

IMG_20180406_145733118.jpg

IMG_20180406_155039269.jpg

IMG_20180406_155604761_HDR.jpg

A dead cow on the dead cow trail how ironic LOL!!

9 hours ago, CCBake said:

I think Pat 22043 needs to check us out. 

We'll be down at Hatfield-McCoy, Buffalo Mountain, Devil Anse, Rockhouse in May. Join us

1 person likes this